Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: XX34A/(XX41A) Dynamic IP Updater ??  (Read 3298 times)

dsw

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
XX34A/(XX41A) Dynamic IP Updater ??
« on: July 17, 2012, 07:51:25 PM »

I recently purchased a couple of the IP Airsight wide angle cameras (xx34A/(xx41A on the box). Does the XX34A/XX41A have a dynamic updater?
I will be accessing the cams wirelessly from a remote location.
Will it update xxx.gipcam.com (or DynDNS) when my dynamic IP is changed by my internet provider (Brighthouse)?
What happens if I lose power to my router? Will the cameras still be accessible if the IPs change when power is restored?
I am using a Linksys WRT54G with port forwarding and can access both cameras remotely using gipcam.com and get email notificatons.
I have also subscribed to the cheapest DynDNS service (maybe better than gipcam.com?)
Thanks

Woops -wrong group
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 07:53:01 PM by dsw »

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
Re: XX34A/(XX41A) Dynamic IP Updater ??
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 07:33:17 AM »

When your dynamic IP address of your router changes, the camera will automatically update the gipcam.com DNS service. You will be able to access the camera after a power failure.

I have not heard of any advantages of using a paid DNS service over using the free gipcam service.

dsw

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: XX34A/(XX41A) Dynamic IP Updater ??
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 03:36:37 PM »

OK Thanks - Got another issue. IE doesn't find the addresses. Did the Active X and security thing for IE but cant seem to access the gipcam.com website(s) remotely (using a wireless network away fro the camera wireless net work. I can access vai Iphone and Firefox though.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.