Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: zoom cam remote only works within 3' range  (Read 4203 times)

surreysinner

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
zoom cam remote only works within 3' range
« on: July 18, 2012, 05:46:50 AM »

I have wasted so much time and money on x10 garbage , but am still really think the zoom cam is great ..........EXCEPT THIS

I have had this cam for year now and not used it much since getting all this x10 **** to work together on a computer etc is so frustrating I gave up many times.

I finally just tossed all the other garbage out and decided to just use the camera hooked up to a seperate tv and run it wired.

I have it plugged inside my house and the remote will not control the camera unless its almost touching it.

In the past the range sucked bad, but if i put the remote to my chin it would work up to 40'. With that being said I assume it's the remote thats the problem.

The remote has brand new batterys in it

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: zoom cam remote only works within 3' range
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 07:18:58 AM »

In the past the range sucked bad, but if i put the remote to my chin it would work up to 40'. With that being said I assume it's the remote thats the problem.

Could also be a weak remote control receiver in the camera base, or an antenna problem (also in the base). If it has always been short range from the remote, it sounds like a customer service issue. A new remote would at least tell you where the problem is (was).

This thread also has some information about sentinal camera range. Read "TrinityEB" comments: http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=13783.0
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 07:27:45 AM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.