Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Remote Pan/Tilt Head  (Read 26704 times)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Remote Pan/Tilt Head
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2012, 02:44:07 PM »

Unfortunately. It does look like the Ninja P&T is discontinued.
The X10Shop that sometimes still has items. Has the XM14A as out of stock and discontinued by X10.  ???
They have around two web pages of discontinued X10 and X10Pro devices.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 02:55:48 PM by Brian H »

SkunkBayWeather

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2012, 02:54:34 PM »

Not that I panic or anything like that.....  I just bought a used XM14A off Ebay for $12.99 free shipping....  For $13 it's worth trying....  I'd like to have a spare.

Greg

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2012, 11:16:22 PM »

.... Sandy was gentle for me and my relatives.

Glad your OK. I did 8 days without power a few years ago... the weather was mild... and I have a generator and camping/cooking stuff. But it still sucked.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

SkunkBayWeather

« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2012, 12:09:43 AM »

So.... To stay on topic for a brief moment.... We had pretty good blow here yesterday (gusts to 44) and lost power for 12 hours.  We have a Honda EM7000is generator and a transfer switch in the house so we can power all the basic needs.... (like the computers and home theater...  8) )  The whole day we were saying... We are so blessed!  Think of all the people on the East coast.  This was one of the first power outages that did not bother my wife.  Our thoughts and prayers are with all those who are suffering!

So.... Back on the original topic..... YAHOO!  >!  I received my replacement pan/tilt from the dealer and IT worked perfectly.  I received the used power supply I bought on Ebay and IT worked perfectly with my original pan/tilt.  So now I have 3 functioning pan/tilts....  :)%  This whole thread would have been less than a page if my original power supply was good.... B:(

Brian and Dave, I REALLY appreciate all the help (and patience) you have given me through this "experience".  You spent a lot of time with someone you have never met.  That says a LOT about your character.  If you were closer.... I'd buy ya' a beer!   >!

Thanks again,
Greg

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2012, 06:02:10 AM »

I am glad you found the problems and now have three completely functioning Ninjas.  :)%

SkunkBayWeather

« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2012, 10:28:32 PM »

Uhmmm... Brian.... Please don't go away.... Someday soon I'd like to figure out how to control these pan/tilts from my computer....  ;D

Thought I'd share this.   Today we had an incredible sunset and if I had the pan/tilts installed I could have aligned the two images perfectly (and get the eaves on the right out of the way...)  I hope to get it done this weekend.  The exposure will always be an issue because it is driven by the center of each image.  In this case, the centers are about 20 miles apart.....  This is a 1080p video.  So, you can change the settings to 1080p and full screen.  It is FAR from perfect, but you'll get the idea of what I want to be able to accomplish.  http://youtu.be/Rlb5yaaUgb8?hd=1

Thanks again,
Greg

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.