Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: AirpadXL latest CyanogenMod9 and 10 with install instructions.  (Read 59198 times)

BuBuSpidecky

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
  • Hammie is my Hero
AirpadXL ICS install instructions.
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2012, 10:21:08 PM »

First DL this.https://dl.dropbox.com/u/87517233/LiveSuitPack_version_1.09_20111101.rar
Then This.https://dl.dropbox.com/u/87517233/AirpadXL%20CyanogenMod9%20814.img
Then This... This is the ADB Program ... you may or may not want it...https://dl.dropbox.com/u/87517233/CWM%20Recovery%205%20ICS.rar

Here's what you need: The USB cable that came with your Airpad or one with a longer than normal Mini USB connector.
The Air Pad of course.
A PC with XP or Vista and an available USB 2.0+ port. ( I've had problems with HuBs)
Disconnect All media devices that are USB including phones, portable media players, PDA's etc (basically anything you can connect to the ROM on)
A way to hold the Airpad with one hand and hold down the Volume Up button while plugging in the Airpad to the PC and then while still holding the Volume up button down, pressing and releasing the Power Button up to 10 times in 8 seconds. Sounds harder than it is.

Here's what to do: This works on Vista and XP. Not sure about Win7 or 8.
NOTE: Once you have these set up you will want to keep them, so I suggest you make a directory called Airpad somewhere and un rar the files there.
SHUT DOWN your Airpad before starting this...i.e. Power Off!
1. Unrar the files. If you don't have winrar you can get it here http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm.
2. Go to the Live Suite Folder. You will see 3 files that start with 1-??????
  Choose the proper one for your system, Itanium, X86, or X64 and run it to install the Drivers.
3. (optional) In the Live suite Folder you will see a folder called USBDriver, open it and Right click the USBDRV.INF file and choose INSTALL.
4. Back out to the Live Suite folder and find the file called: 2 - LiveSuitPack_version_1.09_20111101.exe
   and run it to install Live suite.
5. In the Live Suite Folder run:  3 - LiveSuit.exe A window should pop up after a bit saying Welcome with Yes or no buttons.
   Click Yes.
   Follow the prompts till that window disappears and it's sitting there for you to connect the Airpad...
6. Unplug the power to your Airpad. Plug in the small end of the USB cable into the Airpad.
7. Hold down the Volume UP button and Plug the other end of the USB cable to your PC. Keep Holding the Volume up button down.
    Quickly press and release the Power Button up to 10 times till you hear your computer's usb connection sound. Release both buttons.
8. Look at your PC and you will see live suite connect and start the Flash. There will be no indication on the Airpad that anything is going on.
    The airpad will probably reboot AutoMagically. Disconnect the USB cable and press EXIT on Live Suite.
Viola! Flashed.

NOTE: During step 5, Choose Upgrade if you are upgrading, BUT if want a CLEAN system choose the Mandatory and Format options. It will zap the internal SD card but it will not touch the external one.
If upgrading try the Upgrade first!
  I have noticed an issue when upgrading using 3rd party ROMs:
   upgrading can leave some stuff behind. In my case it is a few of files in the root directory such as init.rc. When my Airpad boots, it always say's Android is upgrading. It's annoying, but, with over 500 Apps installed, I don't relish wiping my Tablet.

I would suggest getting Titanium Backup and doing a full back up first and synching it to Google Drive, or Box, or Drop Box before doing anything if you have non stock, non app store apps. Or, do a Nand backup to the external SD card sos you can put it back to the way it was before you screwed up!

Cheers,
BuBu
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 04:57:32 PM by BuBuSpidecky »
Cheers,
BuBu

Out of my mind...Please Leave a message!

kenwolfe1

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: AirpadXL latest CyanogenMod9 and 10 with install instructions.
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2012, 11:06:39 PM »

You are a life saver!   Thanks so much!

OK..I wish I had the ability to upgrade this XL with the confusing info here.  But the after affects of the meds makes it just out of reach of my ability without being concerned that I will turn this thing into a cutting board.

Thanks for any help.
Ken
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 11:45:41 AM by kenwolfe1 »

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2012, 02:42:22 PM »

But the after affects of the meds makes it just out of reach of my ability without being concerned that I will turn this thing into a cutting board.
Goodness, don't do that!
The Airpad does not have Gorilla Glass. So LCD will break and leak crystal juice all over your food. Stuff doesn't taste good at all.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

cjhallx

• Helpful Post Rating: 12
  • Over 35 years experience from PCs to mainframes
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2012, 03:13:18 PM »

you won't hurt the device. either it will flash or it will not and you are just back where you started.  the only time people have trouble is when they think they can flash any other tablet's firmware onto their tablet.
I have an AIRPAD X which is a re-badge of the ZENITHINK ZT280-C91 and an AIRPAD XL which is a re-badge of the PLOYER MOMO15

If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.

jcoleman2164

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2012, 08:22:03 PM »

Great job on the install instructions BuBu. As far as the initlogo.rle it is in the boot.img file that is used to create the whole image. If you sent the file to me I may be able to make a zip that you can install in CWM that would change it.  Heres a link to the original Airpad image https://dl.dropbox.com/u/85954963/wallpaper_punaier01.jpg and my own XL modification https://dl.dropbox.com/u/85954963/default_wallpaper.jpg. To get the original boot animation delete bootanimation.zip from /system/media. "limit on the number of Apps" can't help ya sorry. "Android is Upgrading" it shouldn't do that unless you actually updated the rom without wiping it IDK, and the sd card thing is normal.

Bluetooth.  I have tried so hard to do something with it, I have even broken down and download the source code but I am no programmer. According the the guy that ported CM9 and 10 if a dongle is not working now then that dongle is buggy. Mine doesn't work quite right either btw.

Stability.  CM9 and even the latest builds of CM10 run great on my tablet so I updated my mothers tablet which she bought after trying mine. It looks to be the exact same airpadxl but it is unstable. I have wiped and installed everything on both so they are identical then installed cpu benchmark and keep hitting run on both. Mine never has a problem but hers will crash about 3 out of 10 tries. Lowering cpu clock seems to help some but not completely. I think it may be heat related and am going to try to affix a small heat sink to the cpu.

BuBuSpidecky

• Hammie is my Hero
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2012, 12:05:12 AM »

JColeman;

Great job on the install instructions BuBu. THX

As far as the initlogo.rle it is in the boot.img file that is used to create the whole image. If you sent the file to me I may be able to make a zip that you can install in CWM that would change it.  Heres a link to the original Airpad image https://dl.dropbox.com/u/85954963/wallpaper_punaier01.jpg and my own XL modification https://dl.dropbox.com/u/85954963/default_wallpaper.jpg. To get the original boot animation delete bootanimation.zip from /system/media.  THX for the Links.  I'm kind of a DIY guy well versed in EBSIDC and HEX, if you catch my drift. But you can be my mentor Young Mr. J. Coleman.

"limit on the number of Apps" can't help ya sorry. I'll figure it out someday, something to keep simmering on the back burner.

"Android is Upgrading" it shouldn't do that unless you actually updated the rom without wiping it IDK. Yes did it as an Upgrade. So, what files belong in the root? I'm just going to delete them and see what happens. (Yes I have a Nand Backup)  I'm reading that the Initial Logo is part of the boot image. That makes it part of the Boot Loader. No? ... I've been interested in building a User Friendly boot loader for the airpad just for kicks. More like the Winblows 2K/XP bootloader on the front end.

Bluetooth.  I have tried so hard to do something with it, I have even broken down and download the source code but I am no programmer. According the the guy that ported CM9 and 10 if a dongle is not working now then that dongle is buggy. Mine doesn't work quite right either btw.
I have and old TrendNet BT USB dongle. It works great. It's connecting with my Plantronics Stereo with MIC Headset, my old Razar phone, BT network (Toshiba BT SD card in PC), and my BT printer (using in-house software I can't reveal just yet). This on your latest build. I'm thinking the problem you are having is in the BT stack.

Stability.  CM9 and even the latest builds of CM10 run great on my tablet so I updated my mothers tablet which she bought after trying mine. It looks to be the exact same airpadxl but it is unstable. I have wiped and installed everything on both so they are identical then installed cpu benchmark and keep hitting run on both. Mine never has a problem but hers will crash about 3 out of 10 tries. Lowering cpu clock seems to help some but not completely. I think it may be heat related and am going to try to affix a small heat sink to the cpu. I did that with mine and it seems to help, but I did notice the other Hot Spot I assume where the memory is could use one too.

Cheers,
Tim aka BuBu
Cheers,
BuBu

Out of my mind...Please Leave a message!

hairface

• Helpful Post Rating: 26
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2012, 03:41:00 PM »

I installed the latest cm10 20120909 and it seems to be running good.. only issues so far is netflix doesn't work anymore, and battery seems to charge at a much slower rate, although it does not run down as fast as it did on cm9 and does not get as hot as with cm9, not having lockups as i did in cm9 either. a new rom came out today 20120913 but have not installed it yet. if/when i do i will post results.

H
If I have helped you please click on "Helpful Post" under my name to the left. Thank you.

Jimdi

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2012, 10:36:28 PM »

All..I apprciate all the hard work.   Again all's I can say is bt and the os is very stable with the old 0331 bt image.... but the  bt has no audio.   I also notice 0331 has fewer Google apps running in the os background.  Thanks and keep up the good work.

Can we post some of the perfomance and other settings people are using under cm9?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 10:39:46 PM by Jimdi »

dannyvdb1997

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2012, 02:23:22 AM »

Is there coming a CM10 image for the airpad?

Sorry for by bad English

daldude

« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2012, 04:26:38 AM »

I installed the 0331 Image applied the 3 zip update files and now it just hangs on the boot screen with that Japanese looking Robot animation.

I let it go for 10 minutes before holding the power button down till it forced it to turn off.

daldude

« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2012, 06:18:01 AM »

I can't access the internal memory on my AirpadXL with this image I have Version 4.0.4 (I downloaded and installed the 0331 image)
It sees the SD Memory card but not the internal memory used for storage, it sees the system memory (1.1GB)

Kernel version 3.0.36+ Wed Jun 27 07:26:31

CyanogenMod version 9-20120721-UNOFFICIAL-907

Build Date sab 21 lug 2012.09.10.48.CEST

bUILD NUMBER cm_907-userdebug 4.04.4 IMM76L eng.alan.20120721.090954 test keys

B:(

jcoleman2164

« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2012, 08:24:45 AM »

Jimdi

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2012, 07:49:15 PM »

daldude

The 0331 image doesn't have the japanese dude on it - not the one I like go back further to page one of this post - that is the 0331 I like - - no zip files - -

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/85954963/CM008-0331-BT-CWR.img

Think the difference MAY be teh amount of crap cm9 loads.  When I kill all background apps it seems to run ok...
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 11:19:15 AM by Jimdi »

daldude

« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2012, 04:16:17 PM »

What is the difference between
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/85954963/CM008-0331-BT-CWR.img
and
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/85954963/CM008-AirpadXL-Momo15.ICS.Bluetooth%200617.img
?

also why can't I just install

Christian Troys CyanogenMod build cm9_nightly_20120721

as a image file using livesuite,
why was there not a link to the image file for this mod provided?
Why do the Google Apps have to be added via  separate zip file, why not just include all these apps in the image file Without first installing one of the above images? Why could I have not just booted in recovery mode and installed the Christian Troys CyanogenMod build cm9_nightly_20120721?

jcoleman2164

« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2012, 07:59:52 PM »

CM008-0331-BT-CWR.img is based on the 01F2-P1-H1-M01-1883.20120331.img image released by ployer
CM008-AirpadXL-Momo15.ICS.Bluetooth%200617.img is based on CM008-4.0-01F2-H1-H1-M01-2052.20120514.img. Both are attempts to add bluetooth and neither work very well.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/85954963/AirpadXL%20CyanogenMod9%20814.img is a livesuit image based on christian troys cyanogenmod9.

Links and descriptions to all of these files have been provided on this forum.

Google apps are not included for the same reason they did not come on the XL, they are not open source so Google and the rom creators do not want them to.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.