Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Airsight outdoor wireless IP Cam  (Read 5162 times)

getatjbrown

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Airsight outdoor wireless IP Cam
« on: August 03, 2012, 08:21:41 AM »

I just purchased my first wireless IP Cam last week, and have installed it on the front corner of my house.  I am content with the images I am receiving during the daytime, but the night view is HORRIBLE....
I dont want to blame the camera just yet, so I thought I would post it here and get some feedback.  Perhaps my settings are incorrect?

NIGHT

DAY

The camera is mounted about 15-16 ft above the ground next to my 2nd story window.  There is a fairly bright street light attached to the telephone pole with the stop sign attached.  Any feedback would be appreciated

getatjbrown

Re: Airsight outdoor wireless IP Cam
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 12:14:53 PM »

Is there a way to turn off the IR on these?

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 01:29:05 PM »

I am not sure if the image is being illuminated by the IR LEDs or the street light. It is possible that the street light is bright enough that the camera is not going in to night vision mode. If you have the non-moving outdoor camera, try extending the sun shade on the top of the unit (it may be hard to move, but it will slide). This may block enough light to enable the IR LEDs.

There are no settings for night vision, so I do not think that you have anything set wrong.  Fast moving objects (like the car) will be blurry due to the longer exposure time needed for night time recordings.

What are you trying to record? The IR LED range is limited, so if you are trying to record the gate in the background of the daytime picture, I think that you will improve the image by moving the camera closer to the edge of the roof.

You cannot turn off the IR.

getatjbrown

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 02:14:45 PM »

I will move the shade farther out over the lens, and post pics tomorrow....

I would like to at the very least be able to recognize the car!!!!  That pic is horrific.  Its a dead end street, with the alley to left of my house facing the street....so folks have to slow down to make that turn.  That pic looks like he was doing 120 mph!!!!

I will update this thread tomorrow

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 06:53:59 PM »

Are you shooting through a window?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

getatjbrown

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 08:11:14 AM »

Nope, not shooting thru a window.  The camera was mounted under the eave next to the window.  I tried moving the shade out on the camera, I tried redirecting the camera away from the signs.  So far, its absolutely terrible.
I think I am going to return it and see if I can find a camera that I can turn IR off/on...I dont think its going into B/W mode at night.  I dunno, never seen anything like this before.

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 10:03:06 AM »

The blurriness is caused by a longer exposure time required due to the low light conditions at night. This is a normal condition and can really only be solved by using a much faster (and much more expensive) camera. If you could turn off the IR, your problem would be worse.

Fast moving objects, like cars, are going to be blurry at night. However, if you are using this as a security camera having a clear picture of every car that passes is probably not important. You should be able to capture a reasonably good image of a person walking in the street. If you are not, then you can try to adjust the position of the camera.

tploy

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 07:07:49 PM »

The Stop sign is a reflective surface So if you could adjust your aim so that it doesn't include the stop sign or other reflective surfaces, It May improve the exposure of the frame as the reflective surface overloads the light sensitivity causing the white-wash. As far as the blurring automobile, that is normal for a still photo at night due to the aperture speed to expose the surrounding area. You get better results using Motion recording if you want to capture action rather than still frames. As far as the IR lighting, it has a limited effective range. You would need to provide additional IR Lighting off screen to increase coverage area. You may have a duficult time locating a source for the additional IR Lighting.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.