Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Turning off X10 ActiveHome.  (Read 4060 times)

gorbee

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Turning off X10 ActiveHome.
« on: August 04, 2012, 03:30:46 PM »

Hi,
I don't even know if it's the right forum to write about my problem, but I had no better idea. I turn the light on my staircase and after a second or so it turns off. My dad settled and used it and now when his gone I've no idea how this stuff works. Could you tell me how to turn it off or explain me how to repair it? I tried to find it out by myself, but I don't even know what to start with. Thanks for any help.   

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Turning off X10 ActiveHome.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 03:47:29 PM »

Any other details you could give us would help.
Can you tell us if the light is controlled by a wall switch type device with a toggle button or a decorator pad?
Do you have anything that says X10 on it plugged into the wall power
What did your Dad use to fix things?
Did the light ever go on when someone walked into the room or near the staircase?
Can you find any X10 part numbers on any devices around the house? Like things plugged into outlets or remote controlls?

gorbee

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 04:12:49 PM »

Hi,
Wow, I did not realized it's so complicated. Unfortunately I'll be home tomorrow and then I can check some things. On walls there are 3 move sensors. Until lately it worked normally ( when someone went into the sensor space the light turned on for a minute ). I didn't say that now the light doesn't turns on because of motion sensors at all. We turn it on manually and than after a second it turns off. I don't know what my Dad used to fix problems. I only found this Active Home program on his computer. I remember that staircase light was channel B9 and I could always turn it on/off with a pilot and now it doesn't work. I don't think I can give you any other information right now.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 04:18:06 PM »

Verify it is Active Home Pro or the older Active Home.
That will give us some information on what controller is being used.
The older Active Home is for the CM11A controller and Active Home Pro is either the CM15A controller or the CM19A controller sending commands thouugh a TM751 or RR501 Tranceiver.

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 01:11:57 AM »

was your dad a forum member?
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

gorbee

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 03:17:41 AM »

@Brian H - It's rather the older version. We bought it like 5 years ago or maybe even earlier. I'll be sure, when I'll go back home.
@Knightrider - I doubt it. I checked for all possible nicknames and I found nothing.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012, 07:25:11 AM »

Oh I believe AHP and the CM15A are more than five years old.
I have a date code 04J41 {41st week of 2004} CM15A interface myself.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 07:43:16 AM by Brian H »

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2012, 05:41:51 PM »

Hi,
Could you tell me how to turn it off
If you just want to stop all the automatic stuff from happening until you can get a handle on it, the simplest method is to find the CM15A interface and unplug it from the outlet. It is a white 5" rectangular box with a short plastic antenna on the left side. It might be located close to the computer. One can learn a lot about the way X10 operates by simply reading the postings in the X10 "ActiveHome Pro" threads in this forum. Start in the General, where you posted, but also read the "Help and Troubleshooting" threads.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.