Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: sc12a sc1200 PCB hacking  (Read 4017 times)

devdsp

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
sc12a sc1200 PCB hacking
« on: June 13, 2012, 11:21:15 PM »

I'm just about to embark on some antenna mods for this sc12a thingie.  While I've got this sucker open, I'm just wondering if anyone has rev-engineered some of these pinouts.  I'm looking for the UART pins (if they exist, usually marked RX TX, but I dont see any).  It seems there are some visible SDA and SCL pins, which usually imply I2C, but I haven't tested them.  I think the uC is inside this LCD package on the flip side of the PCB, which is a little less accessible, so I haven't really spent any time trying to take that apart.   There's all these vias, makes me wonder if they have any fun data passing there.

UART or JTAG would be cool, , just hoping to be able to expand the possibilities and improve the reliability of this device.  And the reception does suck... so hopefully I'll resolve that first.

Looking forward to hear if anyone has had any progress with this sort of stuff.

Mustang65

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: sc12a sc1200 PCB hacking
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 03:08:20 PM »

As far as increasing the RF range for this unit, I went to Radio Shack and purchased a 28" Replacement Telescoping Antenna Model: 270-1405 (parts section) for a $5 and drilled a hole in the main unit and mounted it and connected the internal antenna wire to it.  I now pick up the signals from the distant windows and doors.  It is best to start with the antenna at its smallest length (18 inches worked best for me) and keep extending it until it picks up the distant sensors.
Have a GREAT DAY!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.