Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The New WIFI Module is now available!
                   *****Here's the link******

Author Topic: Doorbell Cam for IP  (Read 13554 times)

sparkydog9338041@aol.com

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Doorbell Cam for IP
« on: August 21, 2012, 08:28:20 PM »

doorbell cam, motion activated, picture taken, rings the bell, another snapshot... And for the camaras, motion activated, and follows the motion... your not that far from it

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 132
Re: Doorbell Cam for IP
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 08:45:17 PM »

-:)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 07:09:31 AM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

luke03

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 12:35:12 AM »

doorbell cam, motion activated, picture taken, rings the bell, another snapshot... And for the camaras, motion activated, and follows the motion... your not that far from it
I would pay $100 if the camera can take a clear picture. I am trying to get a new camera to install in front of our house, with pan, tilt, two way audio and wifi, the cost is about $100.  But installation is challenge, since I have to run power lines. If the doorbell cam does not require separate power, I don't mind losing the pan and tilt requirement.

mikeeps2

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 11:22:21 PM »

my doorbell system is with red button and camera ip , see the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Whg4iE7mVxI

HA Dave

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 169
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 07:12:58 PM »

my doorbell system is with red button and camera ip , see the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Whg4iE7mVxI

I like that! I've experimented and tried various methods for a few years now. Any good image [and yours is excellent] that is also automatic... is always the best. 
Modern automation is much more than turning things on and off.
The use of Home Automation is limited... only by our imaginations.

mikeeps2

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 02:43:57 AM »

hi , thanks HA dave

i use the red button , then send the RF signal to X10 PRO PAT01 , and then to my pc , my software i add a little script what when touch the red button , call the camera ip and the door bell sound ,and i have connect my pc to my led samsung tv  what i have in my living room , and now add another little script what when touch the red button , change the tv input HDMI  to PC , and i can see  the camera door in my samsung tv too  then 10 sec , come back  to HDMI and continue washing tv

then let me do it another video for you see the samsung tv with camera ip

let me show my all system , see this another video , no is perfect , but i have one years working with that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6X2mz0GYAE

HA Dave

• Community Organizer
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 07:40:29 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6X2mz0GYAE

VERY nice. Is that a android tablet? How is it connected (wifi, USB).... and what is it connected to (Cm15A, Home Automation PC, CM19A?).

mikeeps2

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2013, 04:25:03 PM »

no , no , that is regular pc , with windows xp , i make the skin similar to tablet android , and i use CM15A , i dont use any x10 software , two good friends make for me the thermostat and x10 plugin for i can use with my software and my skin.... all those app are for windows xp but dont work alone with win xp , need the  software principal  what i use , i need fix little bugs but no is too much , as I do not much or no programming, have to wait for my friends to have time

now i like it add to my project the x10 alarm , but i dont know how work x10 alarm , my idea is add to my software via plugin the x10 alarm , but dont know if the alarm device have comunication with the CM15A
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 04:27:52 PM by mikeeps2 »

HA Dave

• Community Organizer
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2013, 06:28:56 PM »

Very nice, I am impressed.

now i like it add to my project the x10 alarm , but i dont know how work x10 alarm , my idea is add to my software via plugin the x10 alarm , but dont know if the alarm device have comunication with the CM15A

I have the older X10 alarm.... and when using the "on alert" AHP plug-in I could turn the alarm on. But for security reason the software didn't make provisions for turning the alarm off.

I used a modified a security remote (SH624) so I could send an arm signal remotely. My modification was extremely simple. I used a powerflash module (PSC01) to close the arm buttons contacts.

I was in the re-making of my setup when X10 pulled the plug. I found myself with only AHP and smart macros on my replacement laptop computer. I was so bummed... I just let the system ride as it was. I only recently returned to create something new/better. Then fortunately... X10 returned as I was researching and posting on the other HA forums.   
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 06:40:41 PM by HA Dave »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.