Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SC1200, DS12A, & MS18A Operational Questions  (Read 2717 times)

MarkF48

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
SC1200, DS12A, & MS18A Operational Questions
« on: September 16, 2012, 01:21:21 PM »

Recently installed a system comprised of the components listed in the thread title. Have had a few issues of window/door sensors not detecting a closed door even though the magnet and sensor appear aligned properly. Usually open and closing the door will resolve this. A couple of windows needed the magnet moved to correct. Not sure if part of this problem is because the magnet needed to be "rolled" to the side for mounting.

I have a couple of zones, one a DS12A(window/door) and the other a MS18A(motion det) that at random times will show "Problem" on the console. In both the batteries are fresh and I have re-initiated the units to reinstall a couple of times. The manual states if the device hasn't reported in 4 hours this alarm will appear. I assume the sensor sends out strings of pulses of "OK" messages within the 4 hour period. All sensors and motion detector are within about a 20'-25' radius of the console and I'm assuming this to be a reasonable distance that wouldn't cause a signal problem. One of the sensors having the "Problem" has been swapped out and is almost line of sight to the console. I haven't played with the console orientation as of yet.

- If the console is armed and a "Problem" event occurs what action does the console take? Will it alarm and set the siren off in the same way a "Tamper" event does? Manual doesn't seem to address this and I can't think of a way to test this since the "Problem" issue occurs randomly.

- Can/will a "Problem" self correct after the 4 hour period and clear itself if the sensor somehow restarts its "OK" reporting to the console? I have been able reset a ""Problem" by opening the window and the console will chime accordingly. 

Any suggestions how to mount a window sensor to a window that can be tilted in for cleaning? Hard mounting the sensor would block the tilt.

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
Re: SC1200, DS12A, & MS18A Operational Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 03:27:07 PM »

All sensors and motion detector are within about a 20'-25' radius of the console and I'm assuming this to be a reasonable distance that wouldn't cause a signal problem.
20'-25' is marginal. See...
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.