Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: CM15A will be back soon!  (Read 54074 times)

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
Re: CM15A will be back soon!
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2012, 10:06:41 AM »

...  i am scouting ebay now for powerflash modules, since my concern is to get powerline input into the computer.

Far be it from me to question a medic, but you do know that the powerflash puts the signal on the powerline, and you'd still need a cm15a to receive the powerline signal and put that info into a computer?
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2012, 10:47:24 AM »

I started work on a noise eliminator that would have totally eliminated noise at the distribution panel, and boosted X10 signals.  I stopped when it became obvious it would be too expensive for me to produce, but a company with manufacturing in China could produce it for an acceptable price.

I can introduce you to someone who might be interested in helping you get your design built in China. I doubt they would want to market it themselves due to the need for UL (or ETL) testing but I could be wrong on that point.

It would be an advantage if your device were to use SMD components wherever possible.
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

localuser

• Helpful Post Rating: 4
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2012, 11:48:03 AM »

...I do not know what, if any, changes or improvements have been made to the unit.
3. Will there be ab update to AHP released in conjunction with the re-release of the CM15A? We haven't had an update since October of 2011.
There are a lot of bugs that are still in the software (check out the link to the Bug List here on the forums - in my signature), and it would be wonderful if you have a developer who can try and squash some of them (without introducing others, of course).

I gave up on the AHP software on the last release anyhow.  That release seemed to cause more bugs than it fixed (imho).  It seems like none of the wireless security modules were being detected.  I keep a backup copy of the x10 program files and common files folder around and snagged the activation xml with wireshark so if I need to reinstall it I can at any point, but have not needed to.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2012, 12:09:15 PM »

...I do not know what, if any, changes or improvements have been made to the unit.
3. Will there be ab update to AHP released in conjunction with the re-release of the CM15A? We haven't had an update since October of 2011.
There are a lot of bugs that are still in the software (check out the link to the Bug List here on the forums - in my signature), and it would be wonderful if you have a developer who can try and squash some of them (without introducing others, of course).

I gave up on the AHP software on the last release anyhow.  That release seemed to cause more bugs than it fixed (imho).  It seems like none of the wireless security modules were being detected.  I keep a backup copy of the x10 program files and common files folder around and snagged the activation xml with wireshark so if I need to reinstall it I can at any point, but have not needed to.

Every version of AHP after 3.310 was buggy.  I tried every one, all had bugs.   3.310 was the last good version of AHP, any future versions (if any) should be based on 3.310.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2012, 12:38:41 PM »

Every version of AHP after 3.310 was buggy.  I tried every one, all had bugs.   3.310 was the last good version of AHP, any future versions (if any) should be based on 3.310.
Dan -
You really should qualify that statement. Perhaps every version of AHP after 3.310 was buggy for you. However, there are plenty of people, myself included, who have found the latest version (3.318 as of this posting) to be perfectly fine for them. Yes, there are some bugs, but none of them seem to be show-stoppers for me.

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2012, 01:36:27 PM »

I can introduce you to someone who might be interested in helping you get your design built in China. I doubt they would want to market it themselves due to the need for UL (or ETL) testing but I could be wrong on that point.

Thanks for the offer Dave, but I really don't want to pursue it any further myself.  I would be willing to compete the electrical design should someone with the production and marketing capability choose to offer it as a product.  This is the design we discussed back when the Echelon smart meter problem first surfaced.  Those special low-frequency clamp-on ferrite inductors and shunt filter solve the problem without needing an active noise eliminator.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2012, 09:08:16 AM »

Thanks for the offer Dave, but I really don't want to pursue it any further myself.  I would be willing to compete the electrical design should someone with the production and marketing capability choose to offer it as a product.

I doubt they will be interested then. The Echelon issue appears to be limited to SW Ohio (I have no problems and am only 5 miles away and have a Duke/Echelon smartmeter) and to affect only a subset of X10 switches so I doubt there is a big enough market.
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

JeffVolp

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 122
    • XTB Home Page
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2012, 12:26:05 PM »

I doubt there is a big enough market.

I agree Dave, which is why I abandoned the effort.

It would have been a high-power repeater like the XTB-IIR, but also with the ability to actively null all noise at its connection point.  That would have significantly reduced overall noise levels, and totally blocked noise coming in on one circuit from being distributed onto any other circuits.  But it would have been big and expensive.

Jeff
X-10 automation since the BSR days

DBM999

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2012, 08:32:29 PM »

All,

I just received word that all of the issues that were holding up the re-release of the CM15A (including cost) have been resolved. We should have stock by early October. The item is a CM15A, so it will not be a completely new unit. I do not know what, if any, changes or improvements have been made to the unit.

Anything new on this?

As I transition from an old PC with Windows XP and a serial port to a new PC with Windows 7 (64-bit), I would love to be able to upgrade to a USB-based CM15A.

medic5678

« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2012, 11:17:26 PM »

well, we are just a couple of days away from the arrival of the new cm15a's.   :)%

call me skeptical, but i'll believe it when i see it. 

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2012, 08:41:50 AM »

They are going to be a bit later than expected, but they are currently being produced.

medic5678

« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2012, 10:21:17 AM »

how much is "a bit"?  six weeks, six months, six years, six times forever?

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2012, 08:02:15 PM »

Possibly middle November or in December.  Stay tuned.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

beelocks

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2012, 12:32:44 PM »

Possibly middle November or in December.  Stay tuned.

Is this a misleading guess or some kind of verified information?
Although my explanations may not be exactly clear, I do hope for slightly less cloudy.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2012, 01:44:22 PM »

We have not seen anything indicating a new date.
My thoughts wishfull thinking.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.