Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: H.264 Camera Dead  (Read 2093 times)

oboysdad

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
H.264 Camera Dead
« on: September 07, 2012, 08:29:30 PM »

I recently purchased the H.264 camera and it was working, albeit with some of the same power cycling issues others have reported here, that the latest firmware did not seem to fix. Then last night it just stopped working altogether. I can't see it on the network anymore and when I try power cycling it, I hear the initial click sound but the camera doesn't move like it usually does when you boot it and it goes through the initialization. I've tried pin resetting it too but the front LED never comes on to let me know it's been reset. I figured it was just dead but then I noticed if I leave it plugged in and turn the lights off the IR LEDs are working.

Is there any way to reflash this thing without the web interface? If not I guess I'm stuck until Monday when I can contact CS and get it replaced. I've a good mind to just ask for a refund since it's been less than 30 days but I don't want to pay the 15% restocking fee. I think I also read that the grace period for refunds on the AirSight cameras was 21 days which I'm just barely beyond, although I think my state has a statute that requires 30 days on anything. At any rate, I'm not too excited about the quality of these cameras or the software, but for the $130 that I paid for it, it's not bad when it does work.

I also reported to X10 that their ad for the cameras was misleading cuz it stated that the camera could capture high definition video, which is completely false. The guy I told about it said he would get the ad fixed pronto but it's still there so not too pronto. So add false advertising to the list of crap.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 09:09:42 PM by oboysdad »

Tyler E

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: H.264 Camera Dead
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 01:40:35 PM »

Have you tried doing a factory reset on the camera? The button is recessed underneath the antenna. Usually that will fix this sort of problem.
Having trouble port forwarding your Airsight camera? Check out my guide!

oboysdad

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: H.264 Camera Dead
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 09:36:22 PM »

Yes, I've tried the reset button several times to no avail.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.