Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Monitor Cams from Android  (Read 6780 times)

chinaboy

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Monitor Cams from Android
« on: September 12, 2012, 01:08:40 PM »

Hi guys, I currently monitor one of my 4 cams from my android device using BlueIris on the PC and tinyCam Monitor on the android phone. This works great for only one cam at a time. Since all my cams feed into on video reciever, I have no way to separate each cam so I can view them all from the android device. Do anyone have any suggestions as how I can be able to view all cams from the android phone? I guess I would need a way to turn one cam off and the other on in order to view it. Viewing them all at once would be the ideal goal.

Thanks for your time.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
Re: Monitor Cams from Android
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 04:21:53 PM »

It is only possible to view one X10 cam at a time.
However switching and viewing one at a time is possible with some thirdparty software.
I've never tried viewing cams in the ihouse server on my android but it should be possible.
You might try posting something on the ihouse forum.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

chinaboy

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 10:27:17 AM »

Tuicemen: Thanks for your response. I think what I have works, just need an additional software that would switch the cameras. I was thinking about iwatchmobile, but I think that would require me to have aph running at all time.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 08:30:15 AM »

Yes Iwatch mobile would require AHP.
When I sugested Ihouse I didn't mean you stop using what you have .
Many users of Ihouse run it with BlueIris and other apps and it's free.
There are other programs that will switch x10 devices remotely, PCC will do that. However TAC is requied to do it from an Android.
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

chinaboy

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 10:16:42 AM »

Darn, I went ahead and got the iwatch mobile plugin and I set aph to run as Service, that way if the power goes out, and the PC reboots it won't have to be logged into a user before AHP would work. This works great so far.  I will gave the other suggestion you provide a shot also.

bkenobi

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 24
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 12:15:28 PM »

Not to thread-jack, but when you set up AHP to run as a service and then log on to the machine, will that login be able to access AHP or will it try to launch a second instance?  I currently have AHP in the startup folder and auto logon to my system.  It works fine, so I'm just curious if running these apps as services would pose any issues.

chinaboy

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 12:32:25 PM »

bkenobi-- When I login to the PC I was able to open AHP with out any problems. I don't think it's opening a second instance, but I will check on that later when I get home. I didn't want to use the auto login option because sometimes others in the household use the PC and didn't want them to know what programs I had running.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.