Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Does the computer have to be on to record?  (Read 2165 times)

Mark7516

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Does the computer have to be on to record?
« on: September 13, 2012, 04:09:48 PM »

I have finally got my camera to record and record on motion and work great. my question is does the computer have to be on or the program to be running to record. It detects the motion under the log tab but it will not record if computer is off or program is closed. if so is there a way to have it record without the computer being on.

Thanks

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: Does the computer have to be on to record?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 05:09:38 PM »

I don't know much about the Airsight cameras, but I'm guessing that they don't have internal storage for video, and the recording is being done on the computer itself. So it sounds like the computer would have to be on in order to record

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 08:31:45 AM »

I have finally got my camera to record and record on motion and work great. my question is does the computer have to be on or the program to be running to record. It detects the motion under the log tab but it will not record if computer is off or program is closed. if so is there a way to have it record without the computer being on.

Thanks

If you intend to record to the PC, it does have to be on. However, you have a few options that do not require the PC to be on:

1) If you have an XX39A, you can record to a SD card in the camera.
2) If still images (rather than video) will work for your application, the camera can email 4 images when motion is detected.
3) You can send 1 image per second to a FTP server when motion is detected. 

Gilduran

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 01:33:08 PM »

Is there any way to have the camera record to network attached storage? Or, would it be possible to get an updated firmware that would allow the recordings to upload to the same FTP site and the images?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.