Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP dimming problem  (Read 3132 times)

Gismo

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
AHP dimming problem
« on: September 15, 2012, 12:27:47 PM »

Ok this happend once this week.   I noticed one of my lamps did not turn on, so i took my cm15a and plugged it into my computer ver.3.318.    Then i noticed that that module was set to dim at 30% and i never set that to happen.  It just did it all by it self.  The only thing that was different was I lost power that day for about a minute.  All my other settings we fine except that module.  I'm guessing the power failure could have caused my cma15 to do that?

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: AHP dimming problem
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 12:32:03 PM »

Yes.  When we had our last power failure (4 days) when power was restored (at 3:00 AM!!!) only one X10 controlled light went on.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 06:27:02 PM »

I noticed that that module was set to dim at 30% and i never set that to happen.   I'm guessing the power failure could have caused my cma15 to do that?
Well from your description (the CM15A is not normally connected to the computer), it isn't likely.  Since you can not read back what is programmed in the CM15A after your schedule is downloaded to it, there is no way to know what the downloaded program looks like after a power failure.  
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 05:25:37 PM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 08:18:44 PM »

Was the program changed so the timer was set to dim to 30%, or was the light dimmed to 30%?

Gismo

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 12:08:29 PM »

Was the program changed so the timer was set to dim to 30%, or was the light dimmed to 30%?
My CM15A was plugged into the wall when i noticed the light was not on.  Then when I plugged it into my computer and looked at the settings it was set to dim to 30%, this had to happen by itself, because that lamp is a CF and I don't do any dimming.  I always double check my programming before I disconnect for my computer.
Also, my CM15A is fairly new, with fresh batteries.  Just the power failure was the only thing I could pin it to.

Thanks for all the help, I'm having fun with this stuff.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 12:35:15 PM »

B:(
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.