🎭Entertainment > Entertainment General

X10 IR Range Extender no longer working ...

(1/3) > >>

jff:
Over the last several months I have noticed that I am no longer able to control devices thru the IR Range Extender. The distance between the sender and receiver is only about 15 feet with no walls. I can only contol the devices on the receiver side if I hold the control within about 5' of the sender. Also - both sender & receiver lamps are on continually .. no longer blinking when remote control buttons depressed. I have had the unit for about 5-6 years. Could this have gone bad? How to confirm?

Thx

dave w:

--- Quote from: jff on October 01, 2012, 11:45:33 AM ---Over the last several months I have noticed that I am no longer able to control devices thru the IR Range Extender. The distance between the sender and receiver is only about 15 feet with no walls. I can only contol the devices on the receiver side if I hold the control within about 5' of the sender. Also - both sender & receiver lamps are on continually .. no longer blinking when remote control buttons depressed. I have had the unit for about 5-6 years. Could this have gone bad? How to confirm?

Thx

--- End quote ---
What have you changed? New TV? Added CFL lighting?

Turn off all lighting and the TV (especially CFL or LED) in the sender room (TV room) and re-test.

jff:
There are no LEDs nor CFLs in the room. There have been no changes that I am aware of in that room (all gear is in the same room. Just using the IR extender to needed positioning of a few components).

Brian H:
If you unplug the ST539 transmitter does the RE549's LED stop flashing?
If you can possibly place a dark box over the ST539 Transmitter does the RE549 receivers LED stop flashing?
With reduced IR reception and constant sending data. It could be some sort of IR interference getting into the transmitter module.

jff:
There is no flashing occuring. Both receiver side and sender side are on continuously. The receiver side is on but dim..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version