Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Airsight wired connection?  (Read 5149 times)

vapebed

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Airsight wired connection?
« on: August 06, 2012, 04:39:20 PM »

I have been looking at the Airsoft xx36A cameras and noticing a common theme of problems while establishing/maintaining wireless connection.
-  More transmission through building material
-  Port conflicts
-  2.4 interference
-  Power outage resets, etc.

I am only going to be running 3 exterior security cameras, all to be mounted within 30'-40' of the computer.  
Is it possible to hardwire all three cameras in?  
Would I still be able to take advantage of remote/mobile viewing?  
Seems this method would eliminate a lot of problems and be more secure, also.
Any downside to hardwire?

Any advice for a newbie appreciated.

getatjbrown

Re: Airsight wired connection?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 08:12:42 AM »

I thought my wireless connection was pretty darn good, and i never lost connection.  It would defeat the purpose of having a wireless camera...if you wired them.
You can have remote access either way.

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 08:19:08 AM »

As long as your hub or router has a sufficient number of unused LAN ports, you can connect the cameras with a wired connection. You will be able to use all of the same functionality (such as remote viewing) as a wireless connection. Do keep in mind, that you will still need to assign an IP address and port to the camera, and configure port forwarding in your router if you will be using remote viewing.

The only downside to hard wiring is the fact that you will need to run a wire to each camera.

knuckle47

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 12:06:05 PM »

I use a wired connection simply because I had the wire and the available ports.  I am having trouble finding directions about how to get it to email me snapshots of detected motion.  It is installed now about 2 months and works well on the computer screen but other setup instructions seem to escape me

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • I am here to help
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 12:27:45 PM »

I use a wired connection simply because I had the wire and the available ports.  I am having trouble finding directions about how to get it to email me snapshots of detected motion.  It is installed now about 2 months and works well on the computer screen but other setup instructions seem to escape me

The instructions below, should get it set up. Use gmail to send the emails since it is the easiest email to setup. Sign up for a free account if you do not already have one.

Log on to the camera. Select "other" on the left hand side of the screen then select "mail service settings". In the sender box, enter your email account that you want to send from (gmail is the easiest to configure). In the receiver 1 box, enter the email address that you want to send the picture to (it can be the same as you used above).

These instructions will only work if you are using gmail as you sender email (it does not matter what receiver email you are using):
SMTP Server:  smtp.gmail.com
SMTP Port: 465
Transport Layer Security Protocol: TLS
Needs Authentication:  checked
SMTP User: your gmail account in this format myemail@gmail.com
SMTP Password: your gmail password

Then press the submit button.

After pressing the test button, you should get a test email sent to the account that you set up for receiver 1.

vapebed

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 07:47:00 PM »

Thanks for the advice.
I'll try wireless first.

knuckle47

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 10:28:07 AM »

X 10 Repair Depot.....Thank you so much for the simplified version.  I don't know if it's me but as much experience as I have with technology and as much as I use it, when it comes to reading paragraphs of install procedures compared to step by step...I zone out and lose it.

THIS WORKS !   :)%

Here's a quick question....Will the Network Camera Software display another ( but different ) camera also plugged into my router for our home security system ( GE ) using the button with the 4 pattern grid?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 10:33:48 AM by knuckle47 »

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • I am here to help
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 11:18:09 AM »

X 10 Repair Depot.....Thank you so much for the simplified version.  I don't know if it's me but as much experience as I have with technology and as much as I use it, when it comes to reading paragraphs of install procedures compared to step by step...I zone out and lose it.

THIS WORKS !   :)%

Here's a quick question....Will the Network Camera Software display another ( but different ) camera also plugged into my router for our home security system ( GE ) using the button with the 4 pattern grid?

I have not tried it, but I do not think that you will be able to show the GE camera using the software that came with our camera.

Linderhof

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2012, 12:58:55 PM »

Get the "IP Cam Viewer" application from Robert Chou.  It works with many manufacturers of cameras and lets you tile cameras from those vendors.  http://hit-mob.com/ip-camera-viewer-ios/ 
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 01:01:29 PM by Linderhof »

knuckle47

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2012, 12:03:31 PM »

Well,  Now that I have the TEST message going to my phone, what is preventing me from getting a  1.) recording to my always on computer and 2.) an email telling something about video motion detection alarm ?

All of the previous directions you have provided do work when I click TEST for MAIL SERVICE SETTINGS
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 12:06:48 PM by knuckle47 »

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • I am here to help
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2012, 12:49:54 PM »

Well,  Now that I have the TEST message going to my phone, what is preventing me from getting a  1.) recording to my always on computer and 2.) an email telling something about video motion detection alarm ?

All of the previous directions you have provided do work when I click TEST for MAIL SERVICE SETTINGS

In "other" select "alarm service settings". Then select motion detect armed and change the motion detect sensitivity if necessary.  Finally, select "send mail on alarm" to send an email and / or "record on alarm" to record to a PC.

knuckle47

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2012, 02:16:53 PM »

HI,

I actually have that set up but I don't get any email and while it detects something, it makes a continous  1/2 second beeping sound and opens a folder on the computer. Beyond that, nothing. No recording or any other action except for me to close it out and  view the network camera screen manualy.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.