Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

I have a new X10 wireless kit with alarm and Airsight cameras but when I turn on the wireless cameras my alarm system will not work. Can't arm it remotely and when I manually arm it, it will not go off if a door or window is open. My home network is a ATT

Need help
- 0 (0%)
Please help
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 20, 2012, 03:47:36 PM

Author Topic: X10 wireless Airsight cameras interference with X10 wireless security alarm sys  (Read 4802 times)

aneelyl

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I have a new X10 wireless kit with alarm and Airsight cameras but when I turn on the wireless cameras my alarm system will not work. Can't arm it remotely and when I manually arm it, it will not go off if a door or window is open. My home network is a ATT U-Verse wireless system. X10 support so far no idea. Anybody have this problem before? Can someone help me? When the cameras are off my alarm system works fine.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305

For clarity I removed your duplicate post. So everyone can follow same thread.

Which model Airsight do you have?

Are you using a wired or wireless connection to the network?

Is the Security System the newer one with the SC12A Console or the older DS7000?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 04:21:27 PM by Brian H »

aneelyl

I am using the new wireless Airsight and alarm system received 3 weeks ago from X10. Wired it works but for some reason this morning all of my zones showed open when I tried to arm the system, strange. Any clues on the wireless issue?

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139

"I got a blue car and it don't run. Whats wrong? Help me"   :'
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer

Model numbers would be a big help as there are more than one Airsight Camera model and Security Console.

So the cameras work when you use the wired connection but seem to make your Security System show all Zones Open or report Trouble?
Does the Security Console show zone problems anytime the cameras are turned On either wired or wireless?

aneelyl

The alarm controller model - (SC1200-28P-LOADED-0328-UP4-TEL) - http://www.x10.com/promotions/sc1200_149_mega_home_security_system.html?SI
Indoor cameras - (X10 AirSight Wireless IP Camera Specifications) - http://www.x10.com/promotions/airsight_wireless_ip_camera.html?HP2
Outdoor cameras - (X10 AirSight Outdoor Wireless IP Camera Specifications) - http://www.x10.com/promotions/airsight_outdoor_wireless_ip_camera.html?HP2

Alarm will not work if I use the cameras on wireless, they cause a serious inference to the alarm controller and sensors. With the cameras wired to the network when I tried to arm my alarm this morning after using the cameras wired all of my sensor zones came up as opened. Any clues?

Brian H

• Community Organizer

Almost looks like you may have two problems.

When the cameras are used wireless they are killing the RF signals from the sensors and keyfobs. Though the X10 RF frequency is 310MHz. Not even close to the Wi-Fi frequencies. Unless it is just hitting them so hard their receivers are swamped.

When connected by wire. So the sensors and keyfobs communicate better. The sensors are reporting Open. Which could be the magnets are not activating the internal magnetic switch in the sensors. If you have the Chime Option turned On. Do the zones sometimes chime like they opened even though they are not?
If it was a RF range issue. I would expect more on the lines of a trouble message as the zones checking in was not received by the console.

How close to the U-Verse Communications Bridge is the SC1200 Console?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 06:33:43 PM by Brian H »

aneelyl

Thank you for the good insight, and yes the chime is set to on and the sensors on the doors and windows chime intermittently and I have often had to clear out a zone and then re-add it to get it to work again. I to think it may be in relation to my U-Verse wifi, especially when the cameras are on, wired or wireless. I did call myself disabling the wireless feature on the cameras when using the wired feature but some how I think they are still searching for a wifi connection which could be the interruption I am still getting while in hard wire mode.

X10 support think I may have a bad alarm box especially after what happened yesterday. Email I sent them yesterday.

"My alarm is not working, I have 11 zones that are flashing and will not reset even after pressing clear for each one. I unplugged the cameras after I left hoping that the alarm system will refind-ed the zones when I return, where I don't have to go around and reload each zone. So you may be correct about a bad alarm and I can't keep trying to get these cameras going if they keep causing issues with the alarm. So what's the solution?"

"When I got home all of the zones had been re-found by the alarm box, not sure how long it took,  but 1 which I had to manually remove the zone and re-enter. I later plugged in the cameras again just to do a second test, now keep in mind I had removed the wireless setup on each camera just so only the wired would work. And again my alarm system would not work."  B:(

aneelyl

Also the U-Verse box is 10 feet from the alarm box and placed on the floor per X10 support suggestion.

Brian H

• Community Organizer

I don't know much about the U-Verse interface but TV ads seem to indicate some have a wireless sender in it to beam TV video to their wireless receiver. Are you by chance beaming the cameras video to their wireless receiver on a TV?

If I read you findings correctly. Most of the Zones eventually where found by themselves. With the cameras not turned On?

Not being able to clear the problem zones with the clear button could be the console itself if it happened with the cameras Off and maybe even the U-Verse Interface Off. If the electronics in the Interface are messing with the consoles electronics. I am not sure what you or I can do with out some sophisticated electronic testers.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.