Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: active home pro - antenna added to cm19a makes all the difference in usability  (Read 7932 times)

medic5678

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

the reason they require is it is the same reason the hospital must run multiple troponins and do a $10,000 workup every time someone complains of chest pain, even if it's obviously just muscular.  they are being uber cautious so they don't get criticized/sued.  i'll take my chances that a piece of metal that adds together at about 46 inches and is 1/16 inches in diameter isn't going to get hit when it is surrounded by much more massive pieces of metal.  does the lightening know that its an antenna vs. a metal carport?  this thing is TINY.  my heavy TV antenna is about 30 feet away and at least 20 feet higher in the air.  wouldn't the likelihood be much greater that it would hit that instead.  it's been there for 3 years, never a problem.

and besides, my security system is tucked away and not used by me as a regular computer.  it only does one thing... security.    i don't see how this is even as remotely as risky as my drive to work.  but that's another story.

tell ya what.. if i get killed, i'll come back here and warn everyone else :).

medic5678

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

picked up both an amplifier and a lightening surge protector from amazon for $47.  now all the bases are covered :)

i'm really surprised at how flawlessly this works and with so much range (i didn't try it any farther than 225 ft).  out of the box it was hopeless.  with the amplifier, i'm hoping to avoid performance issues during rain,etc.    now to get my powerline issues straightened out .. then i can move on to tweaking the software :).
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.