Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Manufacturer's DDNS seems to have quit working Airsight xx42a  (Read 2861 times)

mjb928s

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Manufacturer's DDNS seems to have quit working Airsight xx42a
« on: November 07, 2012, 11:52:34 AM »

Two days ago hxxxx.gipcam.com quit working.  Nothing has changed on my system but I can no longer access my camera from the internet when not home.  I tried this http://www.x10.com/support/netinfo/netinfoadvance.htm and it says network address translation = yes, connection = no.  I am using port 8091 on the camera.  I can get to the camera from the internet if I use the external ip address from whatismyip.com followed by :8091.  

« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 09:48:14 PM by mjb928s »

cismontguy

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: Manufacturer's DDNS seems to have quit working Airsight xx42a
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 01:50:17 PM »

I am having the same problem. My DDNS address no longer works?

Http://******.gipcam.com

I can see the camera working on my network, just fine, but cannot get it through the internet or my cell phone. Very frustrating!

I entered my camera's address from the bottom and here is what I get. I screen with the words:

Dynamic Domain Name System.
Services    and my computer's IP address which I double checked is correct

Then the rest is in Chinese so I have no idea what it says? I tried following the Fixed IP Address for SD camera's instructions at the help forum but this does nto work. It rejects what you enter into the fields?

Well I was able to translate the chinese web site using a free internet translator. Here is what it says.... Looks like Airsight web server is toast!

"Was unable to find this page of you.
 the page which searched possibly already to delete, to change the name or temporarily not available."

So either we have to wait and see whether they fix the server in China or we 86 our cameras for something that actually works! This is the second Airsight camera I have had to order, cause the 1st one died before it was in use for 10 days.

Good luck everyone.

*************************UPDATE 11-12-2012*********************************

I have been told by teh folks at X10.com that they know the chinese serve is down.

I guess we will just have to wait to see whether it is returned to operations or we all have $150 paper weights for our office desks?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 10:11:23 AM by cismontguy »

dmtaylor

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 08:40:15 AM »

Yeah - I called X10 a few days ago when I couldn't access my cameras via the standard DDNS name.   I was getting frustrated thinking I did something!!!  I have 4 cameras that I view on my phone:  2 at home and 2 at our vacation home.

It's been over a week now - I am hoping this gets fixed soon.  Why else would I get security cameras?  I want to be able to view them on my mobile device!

I guess it's a wait-n-see????

dinosinc

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
    • My Beer Kegerator
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 09:21:34 PM »

I use no-ip.com, works for me...

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.