Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: If you want a REAL camera with all features Enabled and Support  (Read 3833 times)

macrobob

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
If you want a REAL camera with all features Enabled and Support
« on: January 07, 2013, 10:57:01 AM »

BUY FOSCAM

X10 Pro PTZ camera's disable many features, don"t support CGI and Tech Support just told me they have documentation on the OCX that ships with camera. NO WONDER THEY CANT SUPPORT IT!

nmfireman

Re: If you want a REAL camera with all features Enabled and Support
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 02:33:58 PM »

This camera is exactly the same as the Apexis APM-J902-Z-WS. I had to send one of thoes back due to it not responding to PTZ commands. I was hoping to order the PTZ Pro in hopes that that issue has been solved. I am aware that some folks dont know how to get the foam packing out of the inside, but that was not my issue. Tech support tells me the PTZ Pro is make by Apexis. I still haven't make up my mind if I want go through the hassel, but I would love to find an good outdoor PTZ cam with night vision.

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 11:31:22 PM »

I hate to say it but the Apexis APM-J902-Z-WS looks EXACTLY like my AirSight PTZ pro from X10. If you also do some back checking, you find these cameras come from the same factory SHENZHEN thats MADE IN CHINA.

To make matters worst, if you look at the interface(S) in the user maunals, the only difference Apexis is on there site pics and AIRSIGHT is on X10's site pics.

On the camera on APEXIS site, you can see APEXIS LOGO on it. On My X10 AIRSIGHT PTZ their is no logo on the camera.

BOTH MADE IN THE SHEN ZHEN FACTORY IN CHINA.

nmfireman

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 08:58:42 AM »

You are correct I have had the both in my hands. I have decided not to use them. I don't feel like going through the return hassle. I have read several post about people gettting several bad cams. A few have had the PTZ quit working after a few months of operation. I'm going with a few no-PTZ cameras to take the place of one. Heck I can get two for the price of one AIRsight.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 09:05:50 AM »

I hate to say it but the Apexis APM-J902-Z-WS looks EXACTLY like my AirSight PTZ pro from X10. If you also do some back checking, you find these cameras come from the same factory SHENZHEN thats MADE IN CHINA.
X10 is rebranding them as they also did when selling tablets.
I don't understand your point.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 09:31:40 AM »

I believe the Smarthome ones may also be the same. Just with their name on them.  ;)

richy2

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 09:46:57 AM »

X10 is rebranding them as they also did when selling tablets.
I don't understand your point.

My point was the fact that the OP in the TITLE COMMENT....also, if you look at Foscam cameras they also look like the x10 camera, not just the dome ptz.. and they all come from the same China company right down to the user manuals.

macrobob

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 08:12:57 AM »

Same hardware, different FIRMWARE, The Foscam and Apexis have many more features including diaginal pan. IR on/off, pan speed, only 8 presets compared to 30

richy2

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 11:59:23 AM »

Same hardware, different FIRMWARE,

Good to know... heres my question... since the camera's basically are from the same SHEN ZHEN company, would downloading lets say the software and/or firmware from FOSCAM or AGASIO or another company that has the same exact camera work with the XX40A or other x10's cameras give that camera more ability that x10 software/firmware.

also

I ve had my xx40a since December 2012 and have not upgraded the firmware as of yet since its been basically working fine ( execept for the alarm not always sounding through the computer).

I wondering should i upgrade firmware? even though the alarm is more of a minor thing since it would go off constantly from the outside moving in front of the house.

macrobob

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 12:12:09 PM »

DO NOT USE other firmware, The cameras are coded and will die with wrong firmware

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2013, 11:32:52 AM »

Same hardware, different FIRMWARE,

Good to know... heres my question... since the camera's basically are from the same SHEN ZHEN company, would downloading lets say the software and/or firmware from FOSCAM or AGASIO or another company that has the same exact camera work with the XX40A or other x10's cameras give that camera more ability that x10 software/firmware.

also

I ve had my xx40a since December 2012 and have not upgraded the firmware as of yet since its been basically working fine ( execept for the alarm not always sounding through the computer).

I wondering should i upgrade firmware? even though the alarm is more of a minor thing since it would go off constantly from the outside moving in front of the house.

Don't install any non-airsight firmware or you will brick the camera.

richy2

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2013, 04:16:21 PM »

Lets ask this...

What is the current firmware for the XX40a Camera?
The reason i ask...I have been having sound issues when i activate the alarm feature... The little red icon flashes but there is no audio sound from my computer.
Sometimes it will sound and if i reset the alarm again, it won't sound unless i do the next line below.

I have to go thru some elaborate shut down / restart / shut down / restart and run camera in IE for it to sound again.

I know my sound works because i can get sound from other websites like YouTube.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.