Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: cert xx40A no connection(s) after 3 months  (Read 2813 times)

bourbon01

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
cert xx40A no connection(s) after 3 months
« on: November 27, 2012, 04:08:07 PM »

I bought a certified xx40a PTZ dome camera mid-August and has been working ok (zoom is out of focus) until I powered it down for a couple of hours.  Now I can't connect to it and there are no ethernet LED status lights, hub or unit.  I tried resetting to factory defaults, held reset button for 40+ seconds with/without ethernet cable connected, no result.  Does anyone know of an alternative way to reset?  There are 10 dip switches on the camera, no explanation of what they do.

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
Re: cert xx40A no connection(s) after 3 months
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 10:48:59 PM »

You wrote:
There are 10 dip switches on the camera, no explanation of what they do

I also have this cert like new camera... where are these 10 dip switches on yours? because mines doesn't have them. The only switches are the I/O switches i have on mines and there are only 4 of them.

As far as your problem is concern, i had a security outdoor cam from another company and had the same problem.. set it up.. it worked.. powered it off to move it to another location and it stop working also, which is why i brought this xx40a now.

I would try, what you already did PLUS i would reset my router and see if that works.

bourbon01

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 09:17:08 AM »

The 10 dip switches are right on the circuit board plain as day.  My guess is we have different guts in our cameras. 

What was the brand that failed you before switching to X10's PTZ? 

I've reset everything I can think of.  Camera is not getting on the network.  The other three are working great so far, installed last summer.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 09:21:08 AM by bourbon01 »

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 10:26:16 AM »

Ok, you got me there on the dip switches, but i did unscrew my dome and looked.. Probably right,  my circuit board doesn't have any switches. Since your OP has 3 months, im assuming you have a 3 month cert like new whereas i have just gotten my PTZ CERT LIKE NEW, which they must put in different circuit boards.

LHFARM

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 03:44:08 PM »

I bought a certified xx40a PTZ dome camera mid-August and has been working ok (zoom is out of focus) until I powered it down for a couple of hours.  Now I can't connect to it and there are no ethernet LED status lights, hub or unit.  I tried resetting to factory defaults, held reset button for 40+ seconds with/without ethernet cable connected, no result.  Does anyone know of an alternative way to reset?  There are 10 dip switches on the camera, no explanation of what they do.

Exactly my problem - puchased in Oct.  Just quit working.  Took it down and it powers up - camera moves, but no lights at the LAN connector.

Did you get this resolved?

Thanks
Barry

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 04:11:43 PM »

Exactly my problem - puchased in Oct.  Just quit working.  Took it down and it powers up - camera moves, but no lights at the LAN connector.

Did you get this resolved?
Barry, this is a user's forum. X10 rarely posts comments to the posts. Maybe you should call X10 customer service, or maybe another user will respond. But we have no way of "getting it resolved".
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

LHFARM

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 04:17:27 PM »

Thanks, I have contacted X-10 (support Web form) about a replacement.  Just curious if the OP had resolved the issue by an exchange/repair or had found the problem.

Barry

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.