Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: X-10 For Sale  (Read 3230 times)

Bauerlein44

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
X-10 For Sale
« on: November 30, 2012, 04:34:01 PM »

I am new to this board. I am just getting back into home automation and X10 after a many year absence. Hsome Automation can be a whole lot of fun. Along the way, I have accumulated a pretty good quantity of X10 gear that I am no longer using. I asked a friend where I might try and sell this gear and he advised me to place a post here. So, I am. If I am breaking any rules, please let me know and I will abide by all rules.
     Anyhow, if anyone is interested please hit me up and I will email you a price list. Thanks.

Squirrel1162

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: X-10 For Sale
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 06:02:43 AM »

I am interested in socket rockets.  Every time a bulb burns out in one, it no longer functions.   ???   I hate to keep spending $13.00 for a new one every time.  Let me know and we can make arrangements.  Thanks.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 12:12:58 AM »

I am interested in socket rockets.  Every time a bulb burns out in one, it no longer functions.   ??? 

I only use LED bulbs in my socketrockets now. The LEDs last much longer... and when they do fail they don't seem to take the SocketRocket with them. Just thought I'd mention that.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Squirrel1162

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 05:17:09 AM »

Thanks for the info.  I will give them a try.

:)

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 11:26:24 AM »

FWIW The 7W night light fix for getting CFLs and LEDs to work with two wire wall switches, appliance modules, etc. will also reduce the triac failure when a flash burnout of a high wattage incandesent (i.e 75-150W) occurs at turn-on of the Socket Rocket. Unfortunatelly it creatse a very ugly Rube Goldberg contraption of adaptors in the Socket Rocket. It is too bad the Softstart feature can't be programed into the SR controller chip. Even though I have had 200W incandescent bulb powered by a Lamp Module, burn out, the SoftStart Lamp Module never failed.  
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 08:02:17 PM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 07:45:44 PM »

I should mention that I only use the very low wattage LED bulbs.

My own personal feelings are that is the best use for LEDs. Lighting is such a fractional part of my electric energy use that I get the biggest saving through reduced lighting by using low-wattage LEDs for my automated night time lighting. Then I use CFL for room and task lighting and conventional old incandescent bulbs and floods for rarely used lights.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

drudis

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 11:50:40 AM »

I could use 2 of these:
5-in-1 X10 Universal Remote (HR12A)

email me directly: DRUDIS at DARIUSRUDIS dot COM

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.