Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Questions about resetting SC1200  (Read 5830 times)

nativedc

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Questions about resetting SC1200
« on: December 02, 2012, 09:55:34 AM »

My problems began when I changed the batteries on my unit. The word "Tamper" appeared and then everything went downhill from there. Now I just want to reset the damn thing but can't figure out how to do that either. No matter how long I leave it disconnected without the batteries when I plug it back in it still says "Tamper". Also, in the lower right corner are the numbers 31 and 32. None of the remotes work with the unit. I can't get it to register any remote or motion sensor. What do I need to do to start all over with this thing? I wish their tech support was open on the weekends.

In the future, how are you supposed to replace the back-up batteries with messing it all up? How do you get get of the "tamper" warning?

nativedc

Re: Questions about resetting SC1200
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 10:03:46 AM »

Follow-up: The word "Tamper" is gone and so is 31 & 32, I still can't install or register any remote or motion sensor. No matter what I do it won't "take"

nativedc

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 10:38:25 AM »

More follow-up: Still can't figure out why I can't register any remote or motion sensor - tried everything, nothing works. I pressed the "Away" button and after a delay it went into "Armed Home" mode. I can't get it to go back into unarmed home mode. Nothing works and of course I can't use the remotes because they don't work any more with the system.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 02:04:02 PM »

To get the Tamper Message to be canceled. All you should have had to do was. Input from the console keypad your four digit PIN Number.
The message should have then changed to Disarmed for a few seconds then back to the normal display.

If you are trying to register remotes. You have gotten into the Menu Screens?

Did you also change the batteries in the remotes, door/window sensors and motion sensors?
Possible they generated a new security code ID and the console no longer recognizes them.

nativedc

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 03:49:56 PM »

Brian - I have entered my 4 digit PIN (many times now) to no avail. I can get to the menu options but I can't register any remote or motion detector. I've tried removing the batteries from the remotes and motion sensors but that had no effect. The console screen says "Tamper" and there's no way to get rid of it. There's no reset button on this device? I'm at my wit's end.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 04:12:27 PM »

Top cover over the battery area must be closed for the tamper to be cleared.
If your sensors are the DS12A and MS18A they also have a tamper that triggers when you open their cover to change batteries.

If the batteries where out long enough for the sensors to loose their ID. Follow their instructions to generate a new one.

Last thing to try.
On the keyboard enter a 7, then a 9, then On, then Clear.
Your PIN will have been changed back to 0,0,0,0 but things maybe better.

nativedc

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 04:46:38 PM »

Thanks Brian. I followed the directions for the remote and motion sensors to generate new ID - no luck. Just tried 7, 9, On, clear - no luck. No matter what I do I cannot register any remote or motion sensor.

nativedc

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 04:56:43 PM »

Brian - forgot to mention in my last post that every time I do a master reset and then go to install, it displays the numbers 31 & 32 in the lower right corner. I never had a zone 31 or 32. What does this mean?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 05:01:42 PM »

Zones 31&32 are the two hard wired zones. On the small terminal block inside the area where the batteries are.
They most likely have a small piece of wire in them.
So those are normal wired zones and will show in the Install screen.

nativedc

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 05:53:54 PM »

So I finally got through to customer service today. After a cursory 10 minute run-through of the problems with my unit the guy on the phone said he was stumped and he couldn't help me. I bought the unit in August of this year but x10 only warranties it for 90 days - so I'm S.O.L. Thanks x10! Nice to see you stand by the products you sell!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 06:41:10 PM »

First Zones #31 and #32 showing on the LCD when in the Installation Menu choice is normal. Why you didn't see it earlier. I can't say.
Have you tried the Master Reset and then regenerate all you sensors IDs?
If you lost the ID  with battery changing. They send no real data to register until you reinitialize all of them.

Since it is out of warranty. Can't hurt to try the built in tests and see if anything shows up.
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=22912.0
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 07:37:57 PM by Brian H »

nativedc

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 07:53:42 PM »

Yes, I tried the master reset and regenerate all the IDs (more than once). It had no effect. Not sure how the link you posted would help me. I have no problem getting into the menu and changing PIN, master reset, etc. Just can't register any device to the console. So what if my unit failed one of the self-tests? What would I do with that information? x10 is not going to fix or replace my unit so the self tests are of no value.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2012, 06:08:50 AM »

Thanks for the information on trying multiple resets and code generations.
It does sound like it has failed.

On rare occasions. Running the tests cleared strange symptoms.
Most times. Self tests would have just been for you personal information if you had a itch to know what happened.
I agree it would have done nothing in the dealing with X10. As the ninety day warranty was over.

My LCD Display went to about 3/4 of the display to garbage.
My whole X10 SC1200 system is back in their box's and a different brand system is in the works.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 06:18:30 AM by Brian H »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.