🖥️ActiveHome Pro > OnAlert

Flooding

(1/4) > >>

birdzeye:
Does anyone know where I can get instructions for how to use x10dispatcher to alert me if my DS7000 gets "flooded"?

I've also been considering purchasing the newer Securilink or Skylink,  but I'm not sure if they're susceptible to the same flooding issue as the DS7000. Anyone know?

dave w:

--- Quote from: birdzeye on December 03, 2012, 02:29:54 PM ---Does anyone know where I can get instructions for how to use x10dispatcher to alert me if my DS7000 gets "flooded"?

I've also been considering purchasing the newer Securilink or Skylink,  but I'm not sure if they're susceptible to the same flooding issue as the DS7000. Anyone know?

--- End quote ---
Flooding? Care to explain? Or do you live in NY, NJ, New Oleans, etc.   :'

If you might be talking about a repeater fire storm, or repeater ping pong, I am not aware that the DS7000 could exhibit that problem.

Or are you looking for a way to confirm a remote DS7000 is working?

If anyone else understands what is meant here, I'm sorry, I will jump out.

birdzeye:

--- Quote from: dave w on December 03, 2012, 05:28:28 PM ---Flooding? Care to explain?

--- End quote ---

Dave, flooding is that thing you can do with a palmpad remote to override the DS7000's ability to detect when one of its sensors has been triggered. Pressing an ON button continuously on the palmpad will allow you to bypass the DS7000 alarm system and get into the house undetected. I'm surprised you haven't heard about this, unless of course I used the wrong terminology with "flooding". Anyways, the x10 dispatcher program was apparently able to alert you whenever this "flooding" thing was happening, by email I think.

dave w:
"Flooding" I had not heard of. I have heard of "swamping" which is two radio transmitters on same frequency and one will "swamp out" the other. "A rose by any other name...."

I did not know this was a problem. By that I mean, the burgler would have to know you have X10 security. So now you create a security system for the securinty system.  :'

Anywho, I would think a way of detecting a continous stream of X10 commands would be a way of detecting flooding.

Having said that, I was working with a friend who helped his neighbor put in a system that he was very impressed with. Excellent transmission range > 200ft. Monitored system, 12 wired sensors and 4 motion sensors for $250 - $280 as i recall. I am trying to contact him for the name of the system because there are way too many postings on this forum about SC1200 problems. If I get it, I will PM you the name of the system if you want it.

birdzeye:
OK that'd be great. But what about Skylink---have there been many complaints about it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version