Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: XX39A no audio  (Read 4221 times)

terafloppy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
XX39A no audio
« on: December 12, 2012, 09:34:55 PM »

The audio is not working for me.   I purchase this to use it as a baby monitor,  so the audio is a very important feature.

Does anyone know of an Android App that actually supports the audio?  I've loaded up several apps,  such as Tiny Cam pro, Net Eye, etc...  and I'm able to fully use the camera, no problem.   But NO AUDIO!

Please help.   I'm desperate.

terafloppy

Re: XX39A no audio
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 06:43:03 PM »

nearly a month and no response?   B:(

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 08:51:50 PM »

:'
What's your problem? No audio from the camera? No android app with audio?
What have you done to troubleshoot?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 03:44:17 PM »

The audio is not working for me.   I purchase this to use it as a baby monitor,  so the audio is a very important feature.

Does anyone know of an Android App that actually supports the audio?  I've loaded up several apps,  such as Tiny Cam pro, Net Eye, etc...  and I'm able to fully use the camera, no problem.   But NO AUDIO!

Please help.   I'm desperate.

This maybe off the wall but, if i was using any other source that has audio, it would not sound the alarm if motion was detected on my xx40a camera.

If i had the alarm feature active, and just happen to want to listen to anything with audio, the audio would not work then unless i actually closed the cameras interface.

if i use two different computers, and two different interfaces or the same interfaces and have the alarm become active only one computer would actually sound the alarm.

Try this, schedule a alarm feature to go on in 5 minutes, log off the computer, log into  your phone an see if it works then.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 04:54:06 PM by richy2 »

terafloppy

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 02:12:35 AM »

:'
What's your problem? No audio from the camera? No android app with audio?
What have you done to troubleshoot?

Hi Dave.  It seems the audio doesn't work with anything other than Windows 7 + IE 9.  That's a bit hard to take as this is not stated anywhere on the camera's sales page.  So I figured "Hey, maybe it's just me, maybe i'm missing something."  So i've tried several android and iphone apps, then tried Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Dolphin.. etc..  Nothing.

So unless the "Baby Monitor" function is actually a picture of a Windows 7 Laptop/desktop using IE9 or the included Software executable. This should really be removed.  I'd like to see BIG FREAK'N LETTERS that say:

"AUDIO FEATURES SUCH AS MIC AND SPEAKER FUNCTION REQUIRE WINDOWS 7 AND INTERNET EXPLORER 9 ONLY AND USER MUST ENABLE UNSIGNED ACTIVE X CONTROLS".

That would have been very very helpful.  But then again, maybe I'm missing something.. So I posted here.   How about it?  Am I wrong?  It would be pretty awesome to be wrong.

Is there an SDK and Driver pack posted anywhere for this camera?   Active X only is just..  bad.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 07:15:13 AM »

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 03:01:00 PM »

Hi Dave.  It seems the audio doesn't work with anything other than Windows 7 + IE 9.  That's a bit hard to take as this is not stated anywhere on the camera's sales page. 

So unless the "Baby Monitor" function is actually a picture of a Windows 7 Laptop/desktop using IE9 or the included Software executable. This should really be removed.  I
That would have been very very helpful.  But then again, maybe I'm missing something.. So I posted here.   How about it?  Am I wrong? 
Considering we are talking X10, I doubt you are wrong. But in the OP it is unclear where you are losing the audio. At the camera, over the WiFi connection and browser, or in a Android app.

terafloppy

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 06:40:50 PM »

Well the Audio does work in the IPCamClient.exe software shipped with the camera, and in IE 9.  So that much is correct.

MY Original Post was spawned from my futile attempt to make the camera work as a Baby Monitor.  An attempt that X10 encouraged me to make, what with a picture of a sleeping baby, the suggestion that the camera could be used as a Baby Monitor and no mention of it's limitation of Win 7+ IE9 only.

I was not aware of these limitations at the time of this post.  Can you blame me?
So if my post was misleading... it's because I was mislead.  Not the other way around.

So it's come to this:  At this point, all i'm asking (because I've given up on this issue actually being fixed), is that X10 AT LEAST Update the main page for this camera and show the limitations.  I'm feeling like I was duped, and it's leaving a really bad taste in my mouth.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 06:45:31 PM by terafloppy »

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 08:47:50 PM »

I was not aware of these limitations at the time of this post.  Can you blame me?
So if my post was misleading... it's because I was mislead.  Not the other way around.

So it's come to this:  At this point, all i'm asking (because I've given up on this issue actually being fixed), is that X10 AT LEAST Update the main page for this camera and show the limitations.  I'm feeling like I was duped, and it's leaving a really bad taste in my mouth.
No
Not misleading, only unclear.
As far as audio only working with Win 7 and IE9, how do you know the problem is not at your end? I have not seen similar complaints. If it was a problem for everyone with Win 7 I would think the forum would have a lot of posts about it.

airman32

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 10:07:52 PM »

I have "IP Cam Viewer Pro" (by Robert Chou) on my Android Phone and all features work (Including Audio) on this Application.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rcreations.WebCamViewerPaid&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5yY3JlYXRpb25zLldlYkNhbVZpZXdlclBhaWQiXQ..

terafloppy

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2013, 02:26:11 AM »

I have "IP Cam Viewer Pro" (by Robert Chou) on my Android Phone and all features work (Including Audio) on this Application.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rcreations.WebCamViewerPaid&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5yY3JlYXRpb25zLldlYkNhbVZpZXdlclBhaWQiXQ..

You've posted this before and it's entirely untrue.  The camera Picture does work, but the Mic and Speaker buttons are "grey'd" out and not function.

However, I'm using the same app with my Foscam, and the Mic and Speaker button DO work.  Just not on the Airsight.  Please double check your camera version.

terafloppy

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2013, 02:29:31 AM »

No
Not misleading, only unclear.
As far as audio only working with Win 7 and IE9, how do you know the problem is not at your end? I have not seen similar complaints. If it was a problem for everyone with Win 7 I would think the forum would have a lot of posts about it.

Dave, i'm not saying the Audio doesn't work with Win7 and IE9..  I'm saying it ONLY works with Win7 and IE9 or the supplied IPCamClient.exe software.  Nothing else.  Picture, sure, lots of apps show the image just fine.. but NO audio.  Period.  If someone knows of ANYTHING other than IE9 on Win 7 (due to the Active X requirement) or the IPCamClient.exe software... I'd love to hear it (no pun intended). 

Airman32 is flat out wrong.  I'm honestly wondering if he's not simply trying to sell that app.  Because it DOES NOT see the audio stream from the Airsight XX39A.  
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 02:34:18 AM by terafloppy »

airman32

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2013, 07:26:12 PM »

Sorry Guys, I don't sell software nor am I affiliated with any software company. I'm using my Android Acer Iconia Tablet with the fore mentioned software and it all works for me. I'm just trying to help out.

terafloppy

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 07:53:19 PM »

It's ok airman.

it was kind of late and I was very frustrated.  yes the apt is great and it works wonderfully with lots of different cameras.  but the particular model of Airsight camera that I own (XC39A) does not have audio support with this or any other Android app

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.