Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: PTZ xx40a NightVison see mines live  (Read 1305 times)

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
PTZ xx40a NightVison see mines live
« on: December 13, 2012, 02:01:44 PM »

HI yall..

Here is my update, finally got mines installed outside and the day picture ( even in this overcast Brooklyn, NY neighborHOOD) crystal clear. My handyman installer was very impressed with the clarity, even asked where i got mines. The zoom is pretty damn good even at 3x.. do i really need a 44x camera to see a mile from my house... NO!

Now for the Night part... There are 2 street lights located on the opposite side of the street i live on... There are no lights on my side of the street, unless the outside light is on from the 3 story apartment building next to my house.. my side of the street is pretty dark, i have a 2 trees, one right in front of my house, during the summer with the leaves, it blocks the light from the street lights.

My old pan & tilt day/night x10 cameras i could make out a outline of someone standing at my door, but nothing else.. that's how dark it is.. and no.. i don't have any lighting on the outside of my house. I even installed a solar light but that's wasn;t enough for the old cameras..

X10's xx40a night vision is a little more better even with the infra-reds but not really.. compared to when the light is on next door.. i doubt i would get a clear enough view if recorded to ID anyone's face if that light is not on... i may have to get an supplement infrared lighting or install a motion detection light to go along with the the camera motion detection.

My only problem with that, is the constant foot traffic that passes my house. which is pretty much a lot, dog walkers at night, people coming/going from the train station, local stray cats, even the young (FREAKS) people that come out at night.

All in all, i am a happy x10er.

WANT TO SEE MY CAM DAY/NIGHT? HIT ME UP AND I'LL GIVE YOU A GUEST ACCESS
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 03:33:13 PM by richy2 »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.