Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP Activity Monitor shows recursive on signal.  (Read 6048 times)

Drandog

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AHP Activity Monitor shows recursive on signal.
« on: December 14, 2012, 12:28:50 AM »

I have a unit "L5" running recursivley in the Activity Monitor. On - On - On - On, etc...  The problem started when I switched all of the units from House Code "L" to House Code "G" to avoid conflict in the "Find Other Computers" screen, and now the acticity monitor shows the L5 running over and over again.  I uninstalled the software in the control panel, deleted the system files on the "C" drive, restarted the PC, downloaded the AHP 3.318 software and reinstalled it, cleared the interface memory, and the problem still persists.  The issue is that the recursive signal is blocking all of my manual on's and off's, and I cannot shut any of my lights off.  The Activity Monitor reads L5 On, L5, L5 over and over again. The system worked fine until i changed the House Codes.  Any help would be appreciated.   B:(

dhouston

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 37
    • davehouston.org
Re: AHP Activity Monitor shows recursive on signal.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 05:47:37 AM »

Check under sofa cushions for a remote with a stuck button. That's the most common cause of this phenomenon.
This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
No twees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.
https://www.laser.com/dhouston

Drandog

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 12:05:27 AM »

Ah, I had that problem with a defective Palm Pad a year ago, but it is in the dump and far out of range.  The problem seemed to go away after I uninstalled the AHP (again) rebooted and reinstalled. 

Now the AHP 3.318 software will not talk to the modules (AM465, etc...) through the CM15A? The activity screen shows the activity, but no worky the modules.  I tried to uninstall the software from the Windows 7 Remove Software screen, and got a message that the software does not exist and it then deleted the icon from the "Remove Software" screen, yet the AHP Desktop icon still launches the program. 

So, what is the best plan of action to either reinstall or remove the software and start over again?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 06:27:29 AM »

Did you try moving one of the appliance modules to the same outlet as the CM15A? To see if it is actually sending an X10 power line command and a power line issue is effecting it?
Any new electronics in the home or an existing device moved?
Motion sensors with almost exhausted batteries?
3.318 supports Soft Start Modules. If you have any older Lamp Modules or Wall Switches. They have to be defined from the Older Lamps (No Soft Start) tab or they will not act correctly.

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 09:53:56 AM »

3.318 supports Soft Start Modules. If you have any older Lamp Modules or Wall Switches. They have to be defined from the Older Lamps (No Soft Start) tab or they will not act correctly.

We see this a lot. A simple test is to turn the light on manually, and then try to turn it off with AHP. If that works, try re-defining the module using the "Old Lamps (no Soft Start)" category, and see if that fixes it.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.