Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: xx42a was showing wireless then just stopped  (Read 2661 times)

arampersad

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
xx42a was showing wireless then just stopped
« on: December 14, 2012, 06:22:41 PM »

HI
I have two xx42a and three PTZ cameras.  The PTZ are all showing perfectly, but I have been having issues with the xx42a.
I tried running an ethernet wire back to one of them, but it still is not showing up in the camera tool.  The other xx42a camera was showing earlier today and just stopped showing.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  I tried calling tech support and never got through, just kept on hold for over an hour (twice).  I used the chat and was dealing with someone who suggested that I reset which I did and to change the hardwire to a different ethernet port and neither solution worked.
Adrian

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
Re: xx42a was showing wireless then just stopped
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 12:45:08 PM »

Try adjusting the antennas on the XX42A to see if this helps. If the camera is almost out of range, either due to distance or walls, you will have intermittent connectivity.

arampersad

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: xx42a was showing wireless then just stopped
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 08:39:29 AM »

HI
The camera is less than 20 feet away with two walls between it and the router  I could move the router to another place have only one wall between us.  However that does not solve the issue where I have run a hard wire to the camera and it is still not showing up.
Adrian

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.