Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: XC39A- Wirless networks not showing up.  (Read 3913 times)

jay23

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
XC39A- Wirless networks not showing up.
« on: December 16, 2012, 05:17:54 PM »

I am trying to set up a XC39A. I updated the firmware, it says

Device Client Ver : 6.15.5.19
Device Host Ver : 8.1.5.55

But when I go to wireless lan setting and click on "Search" ,it scans for about 15 seconds but nothing shows up even though I have like 20 Wireless network SSID showing up on my own computer

Help please

Jay

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
Re: XC39A- Wirless networks not showing up.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 12:15:01 PM »

I know it is obvious, but make sure you have the antenna connected. You may also need to press the search button more than once to display all available routers. If this does not fix it, you may have a bad camera. If you send me a email or PM with your order number, I will have an RA sent to you.

terafloppy

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 02:09:31 AM »

I have this exact same issue.
I'm still able to join my wireless network, but I must manually enter my network info rather than select it from the list.   Furthermore, I was able to see the list of networks BEFORE I upgraded the firmware to the current 6.15.5.19.

So something is certainly not right here....

tomquinnta

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
Re: XC39A- Wireless networks not showing up.
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 07:27:30 PM »

I have the 39A and have been testing it hard wired.  All features appear to work.  WHen I unplug the network cable the camera reboots and the search fails to see it.  When I go in to the UBEE router using the admin login I can see the mac address as a client.  Yet the X10 IPCAM search tool can not find the camera.   I do notice that in the UBEE client list the interface indicates the X39A as: Eth-Switch Lan(1).  I tried making the IP address a DHCP static lease.  WHen I went back to view the client list it still lists the X39A - but only by its mac address.  The IP address is not unknown.

I have seen some entries from people in this forum where they have wifi working.  But no one has really listed the recipe to success.  I would appreciate some help to make this work.

Thanks

Tom

terafloppy

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 06:55:00 PM »

jay23

I have the same camera and the exact same firmware.  I can confirm your issue is real.  The camera does not show any wireless networks when you press the SCAN button.

The only "fix" that worked for me was to manually enter my wireless network info, rather than pick it from the (none existent) list.  Put this information in, save the settings and then shutdown the camera and remove the network cable.  Once you plug the power back in, the camera should automajically join your wifi (provided you gave it the correct info).

It will have a NEW ip address, as the wireless transmitter has a different MAC address. So either get on our routers configuration page and look for the new device, or try the SearchIPCam.exe app again.  I've had mixed results with the SearchIPCam.exe app...  but you might be ok.

Once you discover it's new IP, you should be able to configure it, just like before.

Dr_Pax

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 07:58:39 PM »

As terafloppy I can confirm jay23 problem. I also have the same exact setup.

Tried terafloppy workaround without any results. Can't get that camera on WiFi, period.

BUT also tried to see it if it was WiFI connected to the router.  Surprise, the IP and Mac Address were there. So it is connected but there is no way to get a working connection from a laptop. Like tomquinnta the X10 IPCAM search tool can not, also, find the camera. I think that the problem is not in the configuration but on the camera side. It is a Xc39A with the new firmware and GUI.

I bought it may be 6-8 months ago (I surely have my bill... if I can find it). I would like to know X10 Repair Depot opinion on this. This is clearly a non isolated case. This is my first installation. I was wayting to get a new computer to get it installed. I just got the new computer with Windows 8 and IE 10... too bad...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 08:01:10 PM by Dr_Pax »

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 09:39:18 PM »

As terafloppy I can confirm jay23 problem. I also have the same exact setup.

Tried terafloppy workaround without any results. Can't get that camera on WiFi, period.

BUT also tried to see it if it was WiFI connected to the router.  Surprise, the IP and Mac Address were there. So it is connected but there is no way to get a working connection from a laptop. Like tomquinnta the X10 IPCAM search tool can not, also, find the camera. I think that the problem is not in the configuration but on the camera side. It is a Xc39A with the new firmware and GUI.

I bought it may be 6-8 months ago (I surely have my bill... if I can find it). I would like to know X10 Repair Depot opinion on this. This is clearly a non isolated case. This is my first installation. I was wayting to get a new computer to get it installed. I just got the new computer with Windows 8 and IE 10... too bad...

Let me ask..since i had this same problem i would click scan...NOTHING. Went back to manual with a fine tooth comb and found i had to...

Click scan, let it run thru the motions and click scan again.

This is what i had to do with my xx40a in order to scan for my wireless network... it worked

Dr_Pax

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 07:33:36 AM »

richy2 That is written in the manual and I think that everyone who spent hours trying to have that camera work did it and more than once!!!  ;)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.