Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Eternal IP Address Changing daily.  (Read 2274 times)

ethyl

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Eternal IP Address Changing daily.
« on: March 08, 2013, 07:24:05 AM »

Spent a couple hours yesterday trying to set up a Sagem fast 1704 Router/Modem (Windstream) to port forward with X10 tech with negative results. X10 told me to contact Windstream tech to go thru the procedure step by step. I've tried with Windstream before with negative results. I did notice that my external IP address changes everyday. Won't that be a problem connecting remotely once I do get port forwarding working? Anyone ever set up a Sagem fast 1704 with positive results?

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
Re: Eternal IP Address Changing daily.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 08:32:08 AM »

Spent a couple hours yesterday trying to set up a Sagem fast 1704 Router/Modem (Windstream) to port forward with X10 tech with negative results. X10 told me to contact Windstream tech to go thru the procedure step by step. I've tried with Windstream before with negative results. I did notice that my external IP address changes everyday. Won't that be a problem connecting remotely once I do get port forwarding working? Anyone ever set up a Sagem fast 1704 with positive results?

go to How To Port Forward any Modem at http://portforward.com/routers.htm#S

to connect remotely after you set up PF correctly you have to use your camera ddns ip address ( its on a sticker on your camera or you can find it in device status section of the camera webbased Interface. it would look somthing like mines. http://e7489.xipcam.com ( NOTE: i think its xxxx.airsight.net something like that).

changes daily.. Uncheck the box Obtain IP from DHCP Server under netward status.

Richy

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 09:35:50 AM »

I did notice that my external IP address changes everyday. Won't that be a problem connecting remotely once I do get port forwarding working? Anyone ever set up a Sagem fast 1704 with positive results?

Unless you have a static IP address from your internet provider, the the external IP address will change - and that is the reason for needing a DDNS. The camera and DDNS service will automatically deal with the changing IP address.

Richy2 - The camera does have to have a static IP address inside the network, which is done by unchecking the Obtain IP from DHCP Server box under network status. However, this will not stop the external IP address from changing.

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 12:49:54 PM »

I did notice that my external IP address changes everyday. Won't that be a problem connecting remotely once I do get port forwarding working? Anyone ever set up a Sagem fast 1704 with positive results?

Unless you have a static IP address from your internet provider, the the external IP address will change - and that is the reason for needing a DDNS. The camera and DDNS service will automatically deal with the changing IP address.

Richy2 - The camera does have to have a static IP address inside the network, which is done by unchecking the Obtain IP from DHCP Server box under network status. However, this will not stop the external IP address from changing.
Repair, let me ask.

I have been using the same IP for at least 3 weeks now.

Would this matter> i have a netbook thats runs the IPCamera Client 24/7 that i never turn off, the power settings are not set to turn off the display or put the cmputer to sleep. Would this matter that i still have the same IP?

Not to mention the portforward setup in my router is port80...port80...IP ADDRESS.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.