Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: DO NOT BUY CERTIFIED LIKE NEW=BUYER BEWARE  (Read 2552 times)

finman

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
DO NOT BUY CERTIFIED LIKE NEW=BUYER BEWARE
« on: December 14, 2012, 03:45:18 PM »

I PURCHASED A CERTIFIED LIKE NEW XX42A WIDE EYE OUTDOOR CAMERA AND WAS SENT A RE-LABLED XC38A. NOT WIDE EYE.  THE THIRTY DAY WARRANTY STARTS THE DAY IT IS SHIPPED.  I RETURNED THE FIRST CAMERA BECAUSE IT WAS NOT A WIDE EYE.  SECOND CAMERA BLURRY.  VERY NARROW VIEW. THE SHIPPMENT WAS DELAYED BECAUSE OF THE HURRICANE SO THE WARRANTY RAN OUT. THEY DID APPROVE THE RETURN BUT WANT ME TO PAY THE $12 SHIPPING.  CONCERNED THAT THEY WILL SEND ME YET ANOTHER DEFECTIVE CAMERA.  NOT SURE IF I TRUST X10 ANYMORE.  CAMERA OUT OF FOCUS AND IR DOES NOT WORK CORRECTLY.

PHOTO POSTED AT http://webpages.charter.net/finman/security   BUYER  BEWARE!!!!!!!  FYI the image on the right is the supposed outdoor wide eye out of focus.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 01:20:02 AM by finman »

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
Re: DO NOT BUY CERTIFIED LIKE NEW OR YOU WILL GET SCRE_ED
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 12:25:32 PM »

The Poster may have their own concerns, but i did buy a Cert_like_New XX40A outdoor dome camera. Granted it is not the same model as the poster but my Cert like New works flawlessly.

The picture is clear in daylight.

I will AGREE with the posted night vision problems which are not good.

Where my camera is mounted about 10-15 from the ground to above the door.. is just not what i would expect for night vision. I don't have any other external light source and the street lights located across the street are sorta block by the tree right in front of my house and with leaves, makes it worst. I'm considering an external infra-red light to supplement the cameras.

William8

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 12:43:03 PM »

Your caps lock key seems to be stuck. I would return your keyboard.

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 12:29:02 PM »

I PURCHASED A CERTIFIED LIKE NEW XX42A WIDE EYE OUTDOOR CAMERA AND WAS SENT A RE-LABLED XC38A. NOT WIDE EYE.  THE THIRTY DAY WARRANTY STARTS THE DAY IT IS SHIPPED.  I RETURNED THE FIRST CAMERA BECAUSE IT WAS NOT A WIDE EYE. 

The camera body of a XX36A (normal lens) and the XX42A (wide eye) is the XC38A in both cases. If the box was labeled XX42A, you did receive a wide eye.

SECOND CAMERA BLURRY.  VERY NARROW VIEW. THE SHIPPMENT WAS DELAYED BECAUSE OF THE HURRICANE SO THE WARRANTY RAN OUT. THEY DID APPROVE THE RETURN BUT WANT ME TO PAY THE $12 SHIPPING.  CONCERNED THAT THEY WILL SEND ME YET ANOTHER DEFECTIVE CAMERA.  NOT SURE IF I TRUST X10 ANYMORE.  CAMERA OUT OF FOCUS AND IR DOES NOT WORK CORRECTLY.

The focus is set to a "typical" position. To refocus it, just unscrew the bezel on the front of the camera. While someone is viewing the image, turn the lens (in between the IR LEDs) until the image is in focus.

If you describe the IR problem, I will try to help you work through that issue.

finman

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: DO NOT BUY CERTIFIED LIKE NEW
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 01:12:01 AM »

Just a clarification, I type in all caps when I am are PISSED!

I will bet any or all x10 techs that the first and second camera sent are NOT WIDE EYE.  The specification state 90 degrees.  I tested the both cameras directly in a corner and the view is about 60 degrees, NOT 90 degrees.  When I called tech support they told me I should see a fish eye on the side edges of the video.  Look closely at the photo.  No fish eye seen.  NOT WIDE EYE. And x10 scr_wed me on the the wide eye and want me to pay $12 so they can send me another camera that is not wide eye.   They even let my warranty expire with the return sitting in their warehouse because they did not have a replacement to send out for 3 weeks.  As far as the focus I tested the camera in about 10 locations and depth of views and nothing was in focus.  The lens was not properly installed at the x10 factory or when the claimed they changed the lens.

Not good for business when I sent my concerns to 35,000 business associates through my product testing company association stating the problem with X10 products and their customer service.   BUYER BEWARE

PHOTO POSTED AT http://webpages.charter.net/finman/security   FYI the image on the right is the supposed outdoor wide eye out of focus
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 01:20:47 AM by finman »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.