Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Timer Problems Desinger AM PM  (Read 2299 times)

dieguin

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Timer Problems Desinger AM PM
« on: January 02, 2013, 09:16:47 PM »

Hello,

I'm trying to create a Timer Desinger, the problem is that I try typing hours in the afternoon (pm). but the program takes me in the morning (am).

And trying to do it in 24 hours, but neither works.

I wonder if maybe someone would have been the same and has been able to solve.

AH I use the 3.318. version.

Thanks,

Diego Rada
Cali - Colombia

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
Re: Timer Problems Desinger AM PM
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 08:04:23 AM »

I think I've seen that before, where it doesn't take some of the time changes you set.
One thing you can try is to change it to PM, and then click back into the time, and change it (just go up and then back down with the arrows). I've found that usually sets the time for me.
I have also used 24-hour time, and it usually works for me that way, too.

I wonder if your AHX file might be corrupt.
You can try creating a new file, and setting up a timer, to see if it works for you.

(I don't think the fact that you are outside the US is causing a problem - it is a software issue, and you are using the same US/Canada version 3.318 that most of us here are using. )
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 08:06:56 AM by Noam »

dieguin

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 09:05:40 AM »

Hello,

Thank you very much for your help.

Ya and tried both options you suggest, to create a new file. Ahx first set and am - pm and then move the hour with the dates, but the problem persists.  B:(

Any other suggestions?

Diego Rada
Cali - Colombia

dieguin

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 09:18:53 AM »

Ready ...   

Apparently there is a bug in the program when handling a different time format to U.S.

The solution is to change the time format (am, pm) to uppercase, for the case of Colombia uses lowercase.

On the control panel you operating system (locale - time) to force using capital letters (AM, PM). And presto, the designer timer when taken correctly.

Many Thanks...  >!

Diego Rada
Cali - Colombia

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 01:45:52 PM »

Ready ...  

Apparently there is a bug in the program when handling a different time format to U.S.

The solution is to change the time format (am, pm) to uppercase, for the case of Colombia uses lowercase.

On the control panel you operating system (locale - time) to force using capital letters (AM, PM). And presto, the designer timer when taken correctly.

Many Thanks...  >!

Diego Rada
Cali - Colombia
Wow, that's great detective work!
I wasn't able to duplicate the problem (on my windows XP machine, at least). What version of Windows are you running?
I wonder if the problem was not in AHP itself, but perhaps Windows wasn't reporting the time correctly to the program, and by changing the time format, you reset it so it started working again.
If you change the format back to lower case, does the problem return again?

If anyone else out there can duplicate the problem, I'll add it to the AHP bug list (linked in my signature) that I maintain here on the forums.
I try to duplicate it myself first, if I can, before adding a new bug to the list. If I can't, I ask others to try to duplicate it.

If X10 ever gets any more developers to work on AHP, there is a chance they might fix some of these.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 02:08:53 PM by Noam »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.