Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Updates to AHP Software?  (Read 11481 times)

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Updates to AHP Software?
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2013, 08:04:08 PM »

Iwatchout REQUIRES a camera to function, or AHP will NOT start!  I have an old Logitec usb camera plugged into my computer, and Iwatchout likes it and AHP starts.

Yes, I have a USB webcam that seemed to satisfy the older version of AHP.  But it won't satisfy the newer version. 

Try getting 3.310.  It's stable and can handle both "Old Style" and soft-start modules.   It's been suggested 3.318 is a buggy version of AHP.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2013, 09:06:35 PM »

Try getting 3.310.  It's stable and can handle both "Old Style" and soft-start modules.   It's been suggested 3.318 is a buggy version of AHP.
Dan -
1. 3.310 was buggy, too. They fixed a bunch of those bugs in later versions (while introducing new bugs).
2. I don't know if 3.310 will fix the problem with IWatchout or not. Since you don't use (or have any use for) any of the plugins, you have no way of knowing if that's the case or not.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2013, 09:25:34 PM »

Iwatchout REQUIRES a camera to function, or AHP will NOT start!  I have an old Logitec usb camera plugged into my computer, and Iwatchout likes it and AHP starts.

Yes, I have a USB webcam that seemed to satisfy the older version of AHP.  But it won't satisfy the newer version. 
As far as I know, the IWatchout plugin for AHP needs a camera connected via a VA11A/12A/13A (The VA11A is not supported in Windows Vista/7/8. For those, you would need the 12A or 13A). Some people have reported success with other USB cameras, but X10 certainly doesn't support that in any way.

If you aren't using AHP with a camera, then why install the IWatchout plugin?
You can disable individual plugins by editing the "ahp_plugin.xml" file in the AHP folder, and remove the line for the specific plugin.
for IWatchout, it is this one:
            <plugin id="AHXAVX"> href="avx.dll"/>
Removing that line doesn't uninstall the plugin, but it de-activates it. That should be enough to allow you to use the rest of AHP.
Instead of removing it, you can also just change the "plugin" to "noplugin", to see if that works. Installing an update, however, will re-enable the plugin. (so you'll probably have to re-disable them again if you re-install another update afterward).

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2013, 10:38:55 AM »

Dan -
1. 3.310 was buggy, too. They fixed a bunch of those bugs in later versions (while introducing new bugs).
2. I don't know if 3.310 will fix the problem with IWatchout or not. Since you don't use (or have any use for) any of the plugins, you have no way of knowing if that's the case or not.

Noam,

You are wrong about 3.310.   I've been using it for over two years with NO problems whatsoever.  I did try 3.318 and it did not work, timers were off by 15 to 20 minutes, so back to 3.310 I went.

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2013, 11:14:27 AM »

Dan, just because you don't have a problem with it, doesn't mean others don't have a problem with it.  They might be using plug-in's which you don't have a need for. 
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2013, 11:17:55 AM »

Dan; Just because it works fine for you. Doesn't mean it was bug free and worked for everybody else.
So calling the 3.310 version the cure all for everybody is not correct.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2013, 01:18:59 PM »

Has anyone ever posted here that had problems with 3.310? It handles both Old Style and Soft-Start modules.  I don't need any of the plug-ins.   I have 1 macro that turns off lights with "A5 OFF"on a Mini-Controller.    X10 does for me what I want it to do.

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2013, 01:37:08 PM »

Has anyone ever posted here that had problems with 3.310? It handles both Old Style and Soft-Start modules.  I don't need any of the plug-ins.   I have 1 macro that turns off lights with "A5 OFF"on a Mini-Controller.    X10 does for me what I want it to do.

Dan, here again just because someone doesn't post here about something doesn't mean they don't have problems with it.  They might have done what this forum is for.  READ!  If they read the answer that someone else already posted why would they post the same thing again?  The problem the user has is WITH the plug-ins.  Everybody knows by now that you don't have any and don't want any.  So, my question would be "why are you posting about something you don't even have and don't want?" Now everyone here knows you have ONE macro. 

And as for x10 doing everything you want it to do, Good for you!  But this is NOT about you this is about a user that has problems with "PLUG-INS!"
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

pomonabill221

• Helpful Post Rating: 13
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2013, 02:09:45 PM »

@Noam...  I was using the Iwatchout plugin to control the P/T's.  I have other IP cameras mounted on the P/T and am NOT using the V1x usb interfaces and found out by accident that my Logitec camera was recognized by AHP.
That camera is just hanging behind my computer and I am not using it's video for anything, just to satisfy AHP and Iwatchout, but it IS seen by AHP.
Guess I am just lucky?

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2013, 03:01:35 PM »

Dan -

Noam,

You are wrong about 3.310.   I've been using it for over two years with NO problems whatsoever.  I did try 3.318 and it did not work, timers were off by 15 to 20 minutes, so back to 3.310 I went.
Dan -
As others already pointed out (but for some reason I feel the need to say it myself), just because YOU don't experience any problems with 3.310, doesn't mean it is the best version for EVERYONE. At the same time, just because YOU had problems with 3.318, doesn't mean everyone else will, too.
Yes, there were a number of bugs fixed with 3.310, but there were a number of bugs fixed in the 7 versions after it, too. If you're curious, you can see the AHP revision history page here: http://www.x10.com/support/rev_ahp.htm.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2013, 03:09:24 PM »

...I've been using it for over two years with NO problems whatsoever....
That's an interesting claim, considering it is impossible. 3.310 was released on 03/25/2011.
According to MY calendar, you can't make that claim until at least 3/26/2013.

Noam

• Community Organizer
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2013, 03:16:25 PM »

@Noam...  I was using the Iwatchout plugin to control the P/T's.  I have other IP cameras mounted on the P/T and am NOT using the V1x usb interfaces and found out by accident that my Logitec camera was recognized by AHP.
That camera is just hanging behind my computer and I am not using it's video for anything, just to satisfy AHP and Iwatchout, but it IS seen by AHP.
Guess I am just lucky?
Okay, that explanation makes sense.
According to the AHP Revision History (http://www.x10.com/support/rev_ahp.htm), there were a lot of changes that affected the IWatchout plugin between versions 2.326 and 3.318 (or even 3.310). I'm guessing they changed whatever it was that was allowing a non-X10 Video capture device to work.
I don't know if there is another way around this, something that would allow you to use IWatchout *without* a VA1xA plugged in.
I don't know if there is software out there that can "trick" the computer into thinking the VA1xA is connected (since you don't use it anyway), but perhaps someone else here knows of something.

beelocks

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2013, 04:13:35 PM »

...I've been using it for over two years with NO problems whatsoever....
That's an interesting claim, considering it is impossible. 3.310 was released on 03/25/2011.
According to MY calendar, you can't make that claim until at least 3/26/2013.

Noam, this subject is closed  rofl
Although my explanations may not be exactly clear, I do hope for slightly less cloudy.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2013, 03:22:32 PM »

Noam, this subject is closed  rofl

rofl

And to think; some people actually have to pay for entertainment.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.