Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Problem with my garage door macro  (Read 3223 times)

javiert30

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Problem with my garage door macro
« on: December 22, 2012, 06:50:25 PM »

I am trying to make a macro so everytime somebody open my garage door and leave it open it can close after some specific time. I have one universal switch module UM506 and one magnetic sensor DS10A my macro work when somebody open my garage and leave it open, I got it to close after 5 minutes. But if somebody open the garage and close it before those 5 minutes, the magnetic sensor trigger again when it is closed the program detects that it is opening again and restart the sequence and open the garage after those 5 minutes. I tried to modify the macro but it still doing the same thing  B:(. I was thinking to add another sensor to detect when the garage is open and use the other one to detect that it is closed so I can use one condition for each sensor, but I insist to do it with just one. There got to be some way to do it. I will appreciate somebodys help.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Problem with my garage door macro
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 09:24:22 PM »

I don't use AHP but I have done this before and you need to set a flag when the door is open and reset the flag when the door is closed (flag is controlled by the DS10). Then you would need a conditional "when 5 minutes is up and flag is SET, then close the door".  I also triggered a powerhorn for 10 seconds before actually triggering the garage door opener to close as a safety factor.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

javiert30

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 09:31:42 PM »

I tried the flags but Im not too experienced with them on how to set them up. I tried them doing them in the same macro, I don't know if Im right.

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 09:36:29 PM »

Need one of the AHP experts to weigh in, but I would use two macros. One just with the flag and DS10.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 09:50:58 PM »

I used macros with my garage door macro. But [in your case with your macro] I think I would also use a 2nd door/window type magnetic switch as a fail safe. Position and wire the 2nd switch so that the UM506 can NOT make contact with the lift button when the door is down.

This use of a magnetic switch should prevent the macro from accidently raising a door that just closed just before the macro cycle actived.

P.S. An IP camera and some of the cool on line software apps could allow you to "peek" back and see the doors status. Then use your smart phone to close an open door.... or open the door for service people that arrive while you are at work.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 09:58:30 PM by HA Dave »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

javiert30

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 10:29:16 PM »

I want to do it with one magnetic sensor and flags but I can't get it to work. I don't know really not to set up flags correctly in a macro.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 12:59:29 AM by javiert30 »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2012, 09:24:53 AM »

Would help if you post the macro giving you the problem.
That way someone may have tips for you.

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2012, 10:53:17 AM »

BTW, I also used a second magnetic switch with the UM wired through the mag switch contacts as HA Dave suggests. So the UM could ONLY close the door, but not open it. A security feature that is needed considering X10 can be falsed.

IPS

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2012, 02:11:22 PM »

This is how I set up my garage door controls:

Installed 3pin appliance module AM466.   HC/UC = P1 name = garage safety sw pluged into power outlet
Power flash PSC 01 universal module pluged into AM466      HC/UC =L1 name = garage door remote
Door/window sensor DS10A                      HC/UC = I 10. Mounted on top end of garage door using extra large magnet instead of one supplied with DS10A.
Because I have coded the DS10A, so on the AHP pc screen it is represented by 2way lamp module. I could have left it as door sensor icon but decided to use lamp module instead. No hassle about installing in AHP.

For safety sake two modules are use and both have to be on for door to open/close.

The macros used:

1.  I 10 ON.         Open garage door
     Trun K1.K2 on lights to warn of door opening.. Will be replaced with BVC announcements.
     Delay 2 min
     Turn K1,K2. Off

2.   I 10 OFF      Close garage door

Turn L1 OFF   Some day will be replaced by BVC announcement
       Turn P1 off.            Prevents accidental energing L1 and opening the door

I use iPhone and iPad with x10 commander. (Even a palm pad or other x10 remote will do the job) When door is closed, it shows on iphone as L1 off. It works flawlessly. May be you want to try it.

Happy New Year.

IPS

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.