Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Support  (Read 2037 times)

daar

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Support
« on: February 25, 2013, 09:30:28 AM »

Anyone have a good idea how to get support.  I have been on hold for 25 min this morning and 20 min on Friday. No one picking up.
Daar

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
Re: Support
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 10:09:19 AM »

If you post your question or problem here, I will try to help.

daar

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 01:02:25 PM »

Ok finally got through 35 mins.  So was told to get my provider to open some ports which i have.  So now i have them port forwarded in my router. So how do i now get on the internet which address do i use and do i have to have a service or can i use my numbered address and port # to get to the interface.  Also do i have to have my internet provider give me static address or can i do this some other way.
Daar

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • I am here to help
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 02:53:24 PM »

You will access the camera by using the DDNS address that should be printed on the label that is attached to the camera. You would enter it into your browser in this format: k1234.airsight.net:80

By using DDNS, you do not need to have a static IP address.

When you use this address it is critical that you are connecting to it remotely from a separate location (such as viewing a camera at work while you are at home). This will not work if you use this address while you are connected through the same internal network.

daar

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 02:06:00 PM »

Ok working on maybe 30 hr to set this up.  FYI the address on the bottom of my camera was wrong maybe 2 hours figuring that out so needed another one sent  by email link.

Next problem trying to set up multi cameras had a hard time getting the Network video server to come up to access cameras. But now I got it opened but now the windows are cut off can’t get to the  search window.  All the windows are cut off.  Any ideas?  Called this  in and Nathan said it was a browser issue.  I don’t think so but referred it to level 2 support what ever that is.  But if anyone has run across this let me know.

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 05:00:54 PM »

Ok working on maybe 30 hr to set this up.  FYI the address on the bottom of my camera was wrong maybe 2 hours figuring that out so needed another one sent  by email link.

Next problem trying to set up multi cameras had a hard time getting the Network video server to come up to access cameras. But now I got it opened but now the windows are cut off can’t get to the  search window.  All the windows are cut off.  Any ideas?  Called this  in and Nathan said it was a browser issue.  I don’t think so but referred it to level 2 support what ever that is.  But if anyone has run across this let me know.

Sometimes when i have a problem ..such as switching cameraip/ports.. it may help.... since you know everything is working.. all your parameters are set right.. do what i do... just reboot your computer... that is if you haven't tried it already.

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • I am here to help
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 02:06:50 PM »

Daar,

You didn't state what browser you are using, but IE will work the best.

Gary

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.