Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

How do I fix this - video not visible except...

fix
- 0 (0%)
suggest
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Live video only visible in IE  (Read 5319 times)

Cleaveland

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Live video only visible in IE
« on: December 22, 2012, 08:21:15 PM »

I have an Airsight xc36a (xc34a with other stuff) and I can only see video using IE or the mobile app (Android in my case). Using Chrome of Firefox or Opera give black.  I have tried reloading the firmware.  Any suggestions?

Cleaveland

Re: Live video only visible in IE
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 02:35:45 PM »

This post has been on for two months now with no replies. Does this mean that there is no solution? :'(

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 10:15:54 PM »

I have an Airsight xc36a (xc34a with other stuff) and I can only see video using IE or the mobile app (Android in my case). Using Chrome of Firefox or Opera give black.  I have tried reloading the firmware.  Any suggestions?

For Android, i use IPCamera basic by Robert Chou.

If you type your camera web address, and using your android phone,, are you picking Sign In Mobile?

I also can not view the video on my Android using Chrome Firefox or Opera.. but i can when i pick the bottom choice Sign In Moble. You won't have any controls. Just the Video.

If you want controls to pan tilt zoom. etc....use the app IPCamera BY Robert Chou for your camera.. Its FREE.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 10:17:53 PM by richy2 »

Cleaveland

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 10:35:46 PM »

I was referring to not being able to see video using Firefox, Chrome of Opera on my desktop unless I choose the mobile sign-in. My Android works well using the built-in browser.  I use Chrome as my default browser and it's irksome to have to open IE just for this one application. The reason I have the others is that I develop web sites and have to check to see how they appear in the various browsers.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 06:16:47 AM »

In the X10 wiki.
They indicate Axtive X in IE is needed for some of the features to work.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Recording_and_Talk_Options
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/XX36A

I hope someone with a cure will be able to assist you.

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 09:27:57 AM »

I apologize for missing your question.

For full functionality, you will need to us IE with the active X control. To simply view the image, signing in using mobile will work.

richy2

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 11:49:35 AM »

I was referring to not being able to see video using Firefox,

I just downloaded Firefox and can view the video with no problem.. I don't have the controls

Play Stop Snapshot Record audio or Talk with Firefox.

I tend to use either IE or IPCamera Client.

Cleaveland

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 12:17:22 PM »

IPCamera client looks good, but I'm miles away from the site and it doesn't show that camera in the list. Is there a way to add it to the list? I looked at the manual and didn't see a hint.

richy2

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 11:46:52 PM »

IPCamera client looks good, but I'm miles away from the site and it doesn't show that camera in the list. Is there a way to add it to the list? I looked at the manual and didn't see a hint.

On the IPCamera Client do these controls

First pick either highlight MJPEG OR H264
Click Add > OK need window opens
Important PUT A DEVICE NAME > ADD Camera IP MANUALLY > Port > View Account ( User name) > View Password if any > click ok

You can either click on the first window and click connect or click connect on the control panel at right.

Video sure began to play.

What i like about the IPCamera Client that you can't do with the IPCamera Tool .. You can set it to pan continusely thru a set of presets you pick.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 11:48:39 PM by richy2 »

Cleaveland

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2013, 01:29:21 PM »

Thanks, but no luck. I tried both the Device ID E8ABFA180049 and the alias LSS, the IP 23.25.189.93, port 81 and the view stuff that I log in with to connect the the camera. Get "Can't connect the device."

Perhaps I'm interpreting your instructions incorrectly. I did enter the IP manually rather than copy/paste.

Dick

richy2

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2013, 03:32:59 PM »

Thanks, but no luck. I tried both the Device ID E8ABFA180049 and the alias LSS, the IP 23.25.189.93, port 81 and the view stuff that I log in with to connect the the camera. Get "Can't connect the device."

Perhaps I'm interpreting your instructions incorrectly. I did enter the IP manually rather than copy/paste.

Dick

Which are you using IP Camera Tool or IP Camera Client?

If you are viewing in IE Brower.. since your IP Address is 23.25.189.93 and your port is 81 are you typing the full address with port number?

http://23.25.189.93:81 is the correct address to view with IE. You must include the http:// ipaddress:81

I just typed your ip addrss http://23.25.189.93:81 and get the log in screen using IE.

if you can not see a video
Did you download active X? Added your camera IP to the trusted sites in IE > security > sites
Check the  DDNS Status is that working correctly.. It should say SUCCEED and not failed

UPdate. i tried again to log in and get a LSS Failed for some reason.. check it.. there may be a typo.

Make you Alias a simple name to get things working.. call it Camera 1

richy2

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2013, 03:47:12 PM »

Dick

These are the steps for the IP Camera Client
FIRST
click MJPEG
click ADD DEVICE its right above the MJPEG to the left..
a new window will open with MJPEG and H264
MJPEG SHOULD ALREADY BE PICK
click OK
a new wiindow will open for MJPEG Add Device
Device Name Camera 1
IP address http://23.25.189.93
Port 81
View Account.Your user name
View Password Your password
click ok
you can either left click in the first blank window or click connect icon on the controls at the right in the IPCAMERA CLIENT.

video should work.

Cleaveland

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2013, 05:05:36 PM »

AT LAST!

The camera name and including the http:// were the problem.

Thank you for your patience!!!!

Dick

Cleaveland

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2013, 11:58:43 AM »

I've been looking for a help file for the application, and have had no luck. I'd like to know how to change the brightness and contrast.

Also, how does one adjust the motion alarm sensitivity?  I'm getting no alarms even though I have it set.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 01:37:35 PM by Cleaveland »

richy2

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2013, 01:24:18 PM »

I've been looking for a help file for the application, and have had no luck. I'd like to know how to change the brightness and contrast.

Also, how does one adjust the motion alarm sensitivity?  I'm getting no alarms even though I have it set.
If you go to the x10 homepage, click support link > product owners manual > download AirSight IPCamClient Manual
if you re using IE to view your camera same as above execpt > download manual for your camera

On the IPCamClient you CAN NOT change the brightness or contrast. WHAT I DO is use Internet Explorer.

NOTE: with the IPcamClient you can set the camera to run thru preset position constantly. ex: pan left . wait a present time .... pan right. wait a preset time... pan down wait a preset time.. and it will start over again.
You CAN NOT set up a constant panning using Internet Explorer but you can still set preset position you have to manually click a number to move to that preset.  also on the IPCamClient

NOTE 2: if your camera has zoom...the IPCAMCLIENT zoom feature will zoom in to max without pausing once you click zoom or zoom out to min without pausing until its back to original setting.
If you're using Internet Explorer the zoom feature can zoom in a little an stop until you press zoom in again until you get to maz zoom in and vice-versa.

ALARMS: not sure if you get alarm sounds  using the IPCamClient.
I do have that problem even with IE.

If you're using IPCAMCLIENT, and you have a video on your camera, do a right click on the camera video, click advance settings > Alarm Service to change settings.

Make sure you do not have any other program/website thats using sound card. REASON: i have notice that if i have the camera software running in IE, if i try listening to a video on youtube there will be no sound until i close the camera software and restart the youtube video.

HERE IS MY SETUP
I have a netbook with a broken screen i have hooked up to a 22 inch tv i use as my camera's 24/7 monitor/recorder using the IPCAMCLIENT. I have a laptop i mainly use my internet activites on and if i need to change something on the camera ie..zoom, pan, record, photo, dim etc i have a window open using Internet Explorer.

I also use my cellphone and some off brand name small tablet if i go to my throne to view when someone rings the door bell. I use IP Cam Viewer Basic by Robert Chou in the ANDROID MARKET.
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.