Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: PTZ Firmware  (Read 5282 times)

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
PTZ Firmware
« on: December 24, 2012, 03:37:27 PM »

What is the current firmware for the XX40a?

IP camera tool version?

IP camera ActiveX control version?

Andytec

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: PTZ Firmware
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 05:41:39 AM »

I asked the same question of APEXIS and so far no reply. There is a a different version of the firmware for this camera (from that received with the camera on the APEXIS web site which I have tried and it works fine but it would be nice to have the latest firmware definitively identified.

What I would like to see is that the PTZ GOT PRESET ON BOOT works . the option is there but I havent got it to work. It does work on the small indoor cameras. Anyone got the preset at boot to work for the external PTZ unit ?

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 10:21:40 AM »

I asked the same question of APEXIS and so far no reply. There is a a different version of the firmware for this camera (from that received with the camera on the APEXIS web site which I have tried and it works fine but it would be nice to have the latest firmware definitively identified.

What I would like to see is that the PTZ GOT PRESET ON BOOT works . the option is there but I havent got it to work. It does work on the small indoor cameras. Anyone got the preset at boot to work for the external PTZ unit ?

Note: I was told by X10 Customer Service there is no new firmware for the PTZ. here is my current firmware ( Note: this is a xx40a ptz  cert like new purchased Nov 2012.

Device Firmware Version   17.35.2.41
Device Embedded Web UI Version   20.8.5.15

WHAT IS THE FIRMWARE VERSION OF YOUR APEXIS?

\Note: 2 APEXIS & X10 cameras are manufactued from the same place GOGGLE it and you ll fine that Shen Zhen in China is Shen Zhen Apexis.
then if you do a DOMAIN.COM owner search for the ddns of the xx40a xipcam.com... YOU FIND THE SAME FOR APEXIS & xx10a cameras that look the same ..
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 11:51:41 AM by richy2 »

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 11:15:25 AM »

Device Firmware Version   17.35.2.41
Device Embedded Web UI Version   20.8.5.15

The firmware version on new stock that I received yesterday is the same as you listed. It has not been updated. Neither has the IP camera tool or Active X control.

Even though some of our cameras are made by Apexis, there are differences in our products (hardware and/or firmware). If you load firmware for a camera that "looks like" an XX40A, you will likely brick the camera. 

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.