Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: IE10 stops working in connection attempt  (Read 3479 times)

larcob

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
IE10 stops working in connection attempt
« on: December 27, 2012, 12:40:01 PM »

Have 2 IP Airsight WA pan and tilts and 1 outdoor IP camera which are accessible on my other pcs and smart phones.
Have been attempting to get these up and working on my new system, which has Windows 8 64 bit OS with IE10.
I can get the connection to windows security login, get through the ie active x access login. The camera page comes up, but when trying to  display
the live video, I get the "internet explorer has stopped working" and then continuously loops trying to reset.
Now, I have been able to get it to function a few times, but in most cases it has the issue of IE stopping. I also seem to
have issues bringing up all 3 cameras at the same time.
I am using port forwarding for each of the cameras as well, :81 :82 :83 and through internet access directly going by the ip address
and port numbers xx.xx.xx.xx:81 or 82 or 83.
Any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Westover

Re: IE10 stops working in connection attempt
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 06:37:48 PM »

I have the same exact set up with Windows 8 and the results are exactly the same. My Windows 7 units work great and Windows 8 IE10 respond the same (Stop Working), if I select the bottom link "Sign in Mobile" I can get a link but with a small picture and very few controls.

I assume IE10 has something to do with this, I have attempted to change the ActiveX parameters in IE10 settings but it does not help.

X10 needs to address this situation being Windows 8 comes with IE10 and all new machines are coming so equipped also as the customer base converts to W8 more and more people will encounter this problem.

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 03:20:45 PM »

I too have had this type of issue with windows 8..

I went as far as resetting my entire computer back to the factory settings an just download the minimum features ( all the windows updates, trendmicro internet security, Tuneup) then the camera software with / then without windows 8. Always the same browser stops working.

I currently no longer even use the browser to view... i actually use the IP Camera Client Now instead of the IP Camera Tool.

I have the XX40a outdoor dome camera only.

Westover

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 03:33:27 PM »

Using other browsers  (i.e. Chrome) Windows 8 works good with the camera, so the problem is either in IE10 or software/firmware in the camera. B:(

Dr_Pax

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 07:22:20 PM »

Exact same problem. No way i can get it working on IE 10. Works on Chrome and Firefox to get a picture and I can get the camera on WiFi.

Also have problem with XX39A. Can't get it working on IE 10 at all. I get an activeX problem. Tried every advice from X10 Wiki and instructions. Nothing works. Surely an IE 10 problem.

On the other hand I get a picture on Chrome and Firefox but no way can I get it on WiFI. Probably then a Windows 8 problem.

Globally totally unsatisfied with those cameras. You need a PH.D. in Computer Science and even then you probably won't be able to get them working properly. It is the responsibility of X10 to sell products that works with mass production software and operating systems such as Windows 8 and IE 10.

I also had headaches with Windows 7 and Active Home Pro, showing that this company is far from a trustable business.

Cleaveland

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 03:05:46 PM »

I have a desktop and a laptop, both running IE10 over Windows 7. I get the failure on the desktop but the laptop installation works fine. I'll monkey around some and if i see what solves the problem I;'ll let you know. But X10 should really let us know!

Cleaveland

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 03:34:48 PM »

I have a desktop and a laptop, both running IE10 over Windows 7. I get the failure on the desktop but the laptop installation works fine. I'll monkey around some and if I see what solves the problem I'll let you know. But X10 should really let us know!
========= later ==========

I find that the laptop (which works fine) has the "X10 Device network Service" installed; the desktop does not. At this point I have no idea how that service gets loaded. To check: start, type in msconfig, select services tag, click "hide all microsoft services."

Meanwhile, I agree with another recommendation: Use the IP Cam Client for viewing the camera(s). Much superior to the other displays.

Dick

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.