Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Some of the modules quit responding to the CM15A  (Read 6674 times)

Missouri Bound

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Some of the modules quit responding to the CM15A
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2013, 09:47:07 PM »

Just an update on the situation.  What I did was move the controller upstairs to where I knew it would be on a different side of the electrical panel (other phase).  As I suspected it started controlling the modules that had quit respopnding, and stopped controlling the modules that did respond.  This tell me that the signal coupler which I had been using had failed.(the 3 prong dryer type)  Rather than purchase another signal coupler, I will purchase another CM15A and program identically.  I believe this is the easiest and least expensive way to keep everything operating as it should.  Now if anyone has a way of bench testing the coupler I would be willing to try that and possible affect a repair.  I haven't opened it up yet but I doubt it's too complicated.  Even at that, I think that the two seperate CM15A will probably produce a better signal since neither phase will have to travel throughout the entire electrical system.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2013, 06:07:32 AM »

If it is the Smarthome three pin dryer outlet module.
There where two. Passive and active.
Is it the 4816B Signalinc Coupler or the 4826B Signalinc Coupler Repeater {has two Red and two Green LEDs on it}?

Rambeaudoin

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2013, 05:22:11 PM »

Good luck on finding a new CM15A, I tried without success.  Let us know.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2013, 05:26:01 PM »

It seems the latest (small) build sold out quick, so my bet is on X10 planning another build soon.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.