Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: MS-10 Motion Sensors  (Read 3188 times)

Bauerlein44

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
MS-10 Motion Sensors
« on: January 05, 2013, 01:13:37 PM »

I ordered a MS-10 X10 Motion Sensor. Apparently it sends a RF signal to a X10 Security Console when triggered? There is no provision on the MS-10 to set a House/Unit code. Here's my question: Can I incorporate the MS-10, with it's 4AA batteries and longer RF range, into my current setup. I am running Home Seer PRO version, I have the AC-RF2 Plug-In and I have a WGL W800USB RF Antenna Kit installed. Using a Radio Shack antenna, Model 20-176 Outdoor VHF Hi/UHF Scanner antenna. Also using a Channel Master Amplifier Model 3410. System is working very well but the bottleneck to everything is the lack of range of my current MS-14 Hawkeye Motion Sensors. I want to install another motion sensor in the back yard area and I want to be able to hit the antenna which is in the rafters of my garage, fairly centrally  located. I suppose I could get another WGL Antenna Kit but the MS-10 is cheaper.
     Does anyone have any thoughts on what I might do? Thanks........Mike

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: MS-10 Motion Sensors
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 01:35:25 PM »

The WGL W800USB sales page indicates it will process the extended codes sent by the DS10A.
As you probably know the W800USB just sends the raw X10 data to the computer to process.
So your software would have to be able to process the extended data sent by the DS10A.
Maybe some of the links on the WGL information page may give you more information.
http://www.wgldesigns.com/w800.html

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 03:16:07 PM »

I have W800 USB and although I have not done it, I know the security sensors can be remapped to standard X10 HCUCs. Did you check the wgldesigns.com web site and download the software?
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Bauerlein44

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 03:50:39 PM »

I have not visited the WGL webpage yet. What kind of download would I be  looking for? I don't recall anything other than a driver download.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 04:55:13 PM »

I have not visited the WGL webpage yet. What kind of download would I be  looking for? I don't recall anything other than a driver download.
Sorry, you might be right. Now I think the remapping might take place in the Homeseer plug-in (ACRF-2). I am working in another State and away for Homeseer machine, but will investigate when I get home.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

kenrad

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 06:16:42 PM »

If you look on the WGLdesigns webs site there is a down load for a decoder that says it works for x10 as well as security signals

>!   Ken

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 06:51:08 PM »

I looked at the Homeseer AC-RF2 Plug In description.
Looks like the plug in is where you would set up the security message from the DS10A and how it controles things.

Bauerlein44

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 07:01:37 PM »

I found really good documentation in their DOCS folder in the Home Seer folder. I followed the instructions but I am missing something. I think I am doing something wrong configuring the MS-10 itself. I have tried different sequences of TEST and CODE buttons on the sensor. Home Seer is just not seeing it. I guess I will head to the WGL website and see what I can find out. Thanks..

Bauerlein44

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2013, 07:28:12 PM »

Here is a screen shot of where I'm at....

Bauerlein44

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2013, 08:53:48 PM »

Another screen shot. I feel like I am getting close. Any ideas???

Bauerlein44

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2013, 12:47:12 PM »

Well, this can be done. It takes alot of configuration of both Home Seer and the AC-RF2 Plug-IN. I will attaqch some screenshots of what I did. Not perfect yet, but close....real close.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.