Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Airsight PTZ Pro PTZ issues.  (Read 9799 times)

nmfireman

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Airsight PTZ Pro PTZ issues.
« on: January 07, 2013, 10:13:00 AM »

I have been trying to find and outdoor PTZ cam that had fair night vision and didnt cost an arm and a leg. I just had to send back an Apexis APM-J902-Z-WS because the PTZ would not work. I fond out that the Airsight PTZ Pro is the exact same camera. But I now read that there are folks that are using it have that exact same issue. X10 seems to have done a lard price drop on the cameras. I dont mind getting one but if it has the same issue how good is X10 about returning items? Is anyone having PTZ issues with this camera?

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Airsight PTZ Pro PTZ issues.
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 11:53:54 AM »

Search the forum with the actual X10 model number.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 12:33:00 PM »

If you look at the sales pages for the cameras. BIG Banner at the top of the forums.
Near the bottom of the sales page:
21 days return policy. 15% restocking charge for opened working cameras and ninety days repair or replace warranty.

nmfireman

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 12:53:27 PM »

Dave is there a modle number for this camera. All I see is Airsight PTZ Pro? Also, is there a way to have this site send an email when there is a reply to a post like on other boards?
Thanks for all the help. I'm still trying to decide if I want the camera and am open to suggestions on other outdoor PTZ cams.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 01:07:28 PM »

In your Profile.
There is a tab. Notifications and email settings.
Though until your Newbie status is gone. I don't think you can change it.

XX40 looks like it.
For some reason they added the "Pro" to the end of description on the sale page.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/IP_Cameras
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 01:13:01 PM by Brian H »

nmfireman

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 02:28:45 PM »

Thanks for the help. Now I'm trying to find 2 questions. 1 Are people still getting this unit with PTZ issues? And 2 Is anyone using this camera with Blue Iris Software?

Thanks for all your help.

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 11:36:16 PM »

Whats not mention or clear in the manual is that there is a foam cushion inside the dome that needs to be removed.

Unscrew the dome and remove the the foam inside, screw the dome back.. you PTZ should work.

I had that same problem before i found the answer in this forum.

FOAM-INSIDE DOME-UNSCREW DOME-REMOVE FOAM-SCREW BACK DOME..
THE END.

nmfireman

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 08:53:14 AM »

Foam is not the issure it was taken out on the instalation. This is not my first rodeo with this type of IP Cam. I wish is was that cut and dry.

Andytec

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 05:37:53 AM »

I use the PTZ camera - no ptz problems yes I use BlueIris . You need to set both video and PTZ to the Apexis J00 600 (?) setting to get PTZ to work under BI software, but it does. Note that + and - for zoom are reversed, they know about it and have promised a fix ( BLueiris that is - very helpful support folks ) .

richy2

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2013, 10:07:59 AM »

I use the PTZ camera - no ptz problems yes I use BlueIris . You need to set both video and PTZ to the Apexis J00 600 (?) setting to get PTZ to work under BI software, but it does. Note that + and - for zoom are reversed, they know about it and have promised a fix ( BLueiris that is - very helpful support folks ) .
I hear people use BlueIris with the Airsight PTZ camera.. my question is Why use Blue Iris over the Cameras provided interface.

What can Blue Iris do that You can't with the IPcamera tool or IP camera client?

stoneyc

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2013, 11:46:11 AM »

I have this camera setup in blue iris under video ip camera as airsight under ptz control as airsight and options under ptz reverse zoom in/out works fine

josw71

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2013, 07:56:19 AM »

Blue Iris is a software that turns your computer into a NVR. Always on, always recording multiple cameras it provides digital zoom and many other features that more expensive NVR programs do, I built a designated computer just to run this program with 10 cameras 24/7. And still adding.
http://blueirissoftware.com/

stoneyc

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2013, 08:00:03 PM »

if anyone uses blue iris version 3 or higher on the airsight ptz pro camera these are the best settings ive found o get the best fps here there are if your interested under ip camera setup use the apexis APM-jxxx/6xx for camera and the Apexis APM j0xx/6xx for ptz controls then in blue iris reverse the zoom feature if you look on Apexis site these are the same cameras they sell
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 08:03:04 PM by stoneyc »

richy2

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2013, 08:56:21 PM »

if anyone uses blue iris version 3 or higher on the airsight ptz pro camera these are the best settings ive found o get the best fps here there are if your interested under ip camera setup use the apexis APM-jxxx/6xx for camera and the Apexis APM j0xx/6xx for ptz controls then in blue iris reverse the zoom feature if you look on Apexis site these are the same cameras they sell
I changed it.
It sorta raining right now an 9pm NYC Time so i can't tell about the fps thingy.

Can you explain more for the non-star trekies people.

FYI: i am using blue iris (BI for short ) and found out by accident you can make a x10 xx36a outdoor camera ZOOM IN AND OUT USING BLUE IRIS.
By accident i had my mouse pointer in the window of the camera and did a scroll move and the camera zoom in and when i reversed my scroll move it zoom out.

WHO KNEW!

stoneyc

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2013, 02:06:57 PM »

yea richy the zoom feature in blue iris has always worked like that ive been using since 2009 and it will work on any camera you do it to not just x10 even cams wihout zoom
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.