Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: HELP PLEASE  (Read 2311 times)

merkelck

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
HELP PLEASE
« on: January 12, 2013, 02:35:34 PM »

I have an AHP system that has been running flawlessly for several years. I am not even sure of the AHP version. Today for some reason, when I click on the AHP icon, I get the UAC screen and when I say ok, nothing happens. I am running this under Win7 Pro on a 64bit system. I went to the website and downloaded what I think is the latest software. Using the control panel , I uninstalled the active home pro. I then tried to install the latest software. I got the usual UAC, then the AHP installing page with warnings about folders already in place . I told it to overwrite and shutdown existing programs that may be running. (they should have been deleted). Any way, I get to the big blue screen that says Active home Pro Setup. Nothing seems to happen after that. After waiting several minutes, I try to close the window with the red X and then it says AHP installation (not responding) Several minutes later I get the screen that Windows will close the program.
Does anyone have any idea what may happened here and how to get around it? What is the current version etc. ???
Thanks
KentM
When things seem to be going well, you have probably overlooked something.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: HELP PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 03:06:39 PM »

Did you download the updater program that is used to update AHP or the installer for a new installation?

merkelck

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 03:43:21 PM »

I downloaded "setup_AHP.exe" SW31A, and "setup_AHP_update.exe"

merkelck

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 04:39:30 PM »

After the panic subsided, I found a file in my SOFTWARE backup folder that contained all of my registration numbers for all the plugins. I clicked on the links for each of them and then downloaded them all. The links only stay open for 30 minutes. Pay particular attention to the order of the downloads as the long string of numbers changes every time you download and the file name does not identify which is which. You have to pay attention to the file that you got from AHP when you ordered and downloaded the file the first time because that file has the registration number. The original email will give you a clue as to which file is which plug in. I then installed the AHP and the Smart Macro file and they loaded right up correctly. So I am back in business. I rely on this system around the house for security and irrigation systems. I am spoiled by it now. This would not have effected that operation because it all loaded into the CM15A interface. But I don't know what I would have done if changes were required.
As soon as the post is done, I am starting a new partition backup!!!
KentM

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 06:47:18 PM »

Glad you got it working.
If you had not uninstalled the old AHP. The updater should have updated all the changed files and no reregistration would have been needed.
One thing to remember. If your old version of AHP was before Soft Start Modules where supported. There are now two Lamp Tabs in AHP. Old before Soft Start and Lamps. If your modules are not soft start where they ramp On and Off in a few seconds. You should use the Before Soft Start Lamps choices.

merkelck

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 10:19:54 AM »

Brian,
I do have some of the new modules and after I got things going, I added one of them to the system. And I noticed the new tab for them when I set it up . Very nice addition. So I guess the outcome of all this is that I now have the current software. But it was unnerving for awhile as I have come to rely on this system while I am home and even more so when I travel.
Thanks for the comments
KentM

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.