Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Disable RF signal receiving on CM15A  (Read 15849 times)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Disable RF signal receiving on CM15A
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2006, 01:58:08 PM »

There is another way to disable the RF receiver. The receiver boards IC RX3310A has a Disable Pin on it.
There is some confusion between the Schematic on the FCC web site and the one in my CM15A. The schematic shows a 20 pin IC and mine has the 18 pin version.

Anyway pulling the disable Pin High through a 100K resistor; for safety to the chip; to the  +5 volts  disables it. Pin 9 of both the 18 pin and 20 pin ICs is the disable pin and it has a very small pad with a unused solder hole on it. All you would have to do is get a resistor from +5 to that hole also will disable it. I did it before posting here. I believe some have tried to ground that pin and it didn't disable the receiver as it needs a high to disable it.

marineau

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2006, 02:37:11 PM »

Anyway pulling the disable Pin High through a 100K resistor; for safety to the chip; to the  +5 volts  disables it. Pin 9 of both the 18 pin and 20 pin ICs is the disable pin and it has a very small pad with a unused solder hole on it. All you would have to do is get a resistor from +5 to that hole also will disable it. I did it before posting here. I believe some have tried to ground that pin and it didn't disable the receiver as it needs a high to disable it.

I'm not sure that you mean... I'm french !

1- You tried to explain me that I just to install a jumper between 5VCC and a pin 9 ?
2- And maybe, add a 100K resistor, in serial with this jumper ?

Thanks

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2006, 04:43:55 PM »

First I should say that this was an experiment and I don't have a small enough soldering iron to make a permanent connection. I used a few clip leads and a steady hand to test this theory. Also I don't have a small enough resistor in my stock box for a permanent connection, but maybe able to get one from an electronic parts distributor.

Yes connecting 5 volts to pin 9 of the IC disables it. I used a 100K resistor between the 5 volts and the pin 9. I don't like connecting IC Inputs directly to a power source so using the resistor to connect it to 5 volts was a safety thing. The chips data sheet was not clear on if it can be an output. I doubt it but the resistor was a percaution so 5 volts was not on the pin directly.

5 Volts ------------ 100K resistor-------------- Pin 9 of RX3310A IC.
So one end of resistor is on +5 volts the other end is on pin 9 of the IC
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 05:35:28 PM by Brian H »

jclarkw

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2013, 07:58:07 AM »

marineau: If you ABSOLUTELY have NO need to pick up any RF signal with your CM15A, you could just cut the Vcc line that attaches the RF Receiver Daughter Card to the Main PCB.

Dear Puck (and others on this old thread) -- If you're still around, please comment on new thread at http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=27920.0.  Thanks! -- jcalrkw
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.