Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: AirSight DDNS  (Read 9153 times)

OHsubeGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AirSight DDNS
« on: January 17, 2013, 01:38:36 PM »

Due to a problem I am having with getting my xx39a cameras on the web, I am finding out through X10 Support, the factory DDNS setting is stable and good to use, unless it is a gipcam.com address. The support rep indicated they are in the process of migrating gipcam addresses to airsight.net.

My question, and I am hoping that an X10 person will respond to this, is, will we as customers be notified in any way when the migration to airsight.net is complete?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: AirSight DDNS
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 03:17:46 PM »

Known issue.
Here is the thread on it.
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=27854.0
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 03:21:27 PM by Brian H »

tomquinnta

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 10:23:13 AM »

I didn't see a formal response to the gipcam issue, but could this be causing me wifi issues within my local home network?  I can't get the 39a to be found after executing the configuration and setup procedures for ie explorer.  Any success on your end?  If yes - could you offer some help?  X10 support only seems interested in selling versus trying to actually help.  Each time I call I end up with someone trying to sell something.

Thanks

Tom

OHsubeGuy

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 11:35:45 AM »

Tom ...

I doubt the DDNS is causing your local wifi isues. It is important when configuring your cameras the first time to do it with an ethernet connection from your camera to your router. I set up static IP addresses on both of them and changed the Media and Web ports based on information I read.

In my situation I've not had any real issues with seeing my cameras on my local LAN environment. That is not the case however with getting to my cameras from the internet. No success at all and I've been toying with it for a couple weeks now. Pretty frustrated at this point. Defeats the purpose of getting the cameras.

Steve

tomquinnta

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 12:23:43 PM »

Steve

I have had no luck at all when I unplug the LAN connection. In addition, the IP CAM Client software has never let me log on.  This is true whether the 39A is LAN wired or expected WiFi.  I always need to use the SearchIPCam executable.  And that only finds the camera when the LAN cable is plugged in.

When LAN connected I was also able to access the camera from IE Explorer by using this: b9005.gipcam.com:80.

I have another camera to configure too.  But have held off until I can get this one working.  But it is an outdoor camera, the XX36A.  The only reason I went with X10 and these cameras was because they were IP based and wireless.  I was expecting this to be almost a plug and play experience. Instead I get a very frustrating experience.  I should have learned my lesson when i tried out the Vanguard motion sensor security light cameras.  They didn't do what X10 said either.  WHen I spoke with X10 technical support before purchasing I was told these two airsight cameras were ready as advertised.  Big disappointment so far.  Unleass I can get the wireless I will be forced to run wire.  I need these to monitor my retirment home in Mexico.  Also need all of the remote and the bellsa and whistles too.

I will try calling them again today and see what happens.
If you have had any success with the wifi perhaps you can call me?
Tom

OHsubeGuy

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 01:02:55 PM »

Tom ...

I've had no issues with wifi on my local LAN and the IPCamClient functions for me.

I assume you have a secured LAN environment. Have you tried re-entering your security information in the camera setup screen for wireless? If not, I would try that as starters. Maybe you didn't save the wireless settings when you entered them. I've noticed on some of the configuration screen, the update and save buttons seem to function not as expected.

Steve

JG

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 12:06:52 PM »

For all trying to go wireless on the XX39A. While I was setting my cams up I found the manual to be wrong of maybe it's the software. Anyway with the cam hard wired and setup prams complete it say to hit the update but I found it to be hit the save. At that point the camera goes into the 30 second reboot, don't disconnect the cable yet but wait for the 39 sec duration and after that the cam will start moving for a boot up. As the cam is moving disconnect the cable.

JG

Deemoore

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 12:53:24 PM »

Steve

I have had no luck at all when I unplug the LAN connection. In addition, the IP CAM Client software has never let me log on.  This is true whether the 39A is LAN wired or expected WiFi.  I always need to use the SearchIPCam executable.  And that only finds the camera when the LAN cable is plugged in.

When LAN connected I was also able to access the camera from IE Explorer by using this: b9005.gipcam.com:80.

I have another camera to configure too.  But have held off until I can get this one working.  But it is an outdoor camera, the XX36A.  The only reason I went with X10 and these cameras was because they were IP based and wireless.  I was expecting this to be almost a plug and play experience. Instead I get a very frustrating experience.  I should have learned my lesson when i tried out the Vanguard motion sensor security light cameras.  They didn't do what X10 said either.  WHen I spoke with X10 technical support before purchasing I was told these two airsight cameras were ready as advertised.  Big disappointment so far.  Unleass I can get the wireless I will be forced to run wire.  I need these to monitor my retirment home in Mexico.  Also need all of the remote and the bellsa and whistles too.

I will try calling them again today and see what happens.
If you have had any success with the wifi perhaps you can call me?
Tom
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/IP_Camera_-_Remote_Viewing
I had to set up my router to port forwarding in my router and assigned the intrnal (wifi) IP's to a port I chose 8001 and 8002
then using my external IP (myip.com will tell your external IP) and the port number ...   ( ex: 127.324.1.234:8001) bazinga

OHsubeGuy

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2013, 01:38:18 PM »

Hey Tom ..... Have you been able to get your cameras up and running wirelessly?

OHsubeGuy

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 08:36:26 AM »

FYI ... I've signed up for a DDNS account at No-IP.com and it's working pretty well currently. Depending on your specifics needs, it is possible to get a FREE account.

OHsubeGuy

tomquinnta

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2013, 06:08:39 PM »

I have not been working on this for a couple of weeks.  Will get back to it again soon.  Maybe tomorrow.  Saw the update regarding the save versus update after making the security changes and not disconnecting until after the successful reboot.  I will give this all a try tomorrow.

Thanks

OHsubeGuy

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2013, 10:13:56 AM »

Tom ... looking forward to hearing about your results.  FYI ... I have my issues worked out now and have (2) xx39A cameras on the internet and viewable. And they are running wireless. Once you get back to it, maybe I can help with getting your cams up and running. It has been an experience. The only thing that is annoying is that ActiveX control for Internet Explorer. Grrrrrr!

daar

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2013, 04:48:22 PM »

So will try this again. Hit spell check and all diappeared.  I have xc36a cameras hooking up only one can't get on the internet. Lan does work. So question#1 is the address on Icamere tool suppose to be a 192ect number or can it be a 10.0.0.4 number mine has the 10..... # Second quetion how do you access the xipcam site when i put that in my browser the browser freeks out and will not connect.  Third Q. When i go to the drop down in the interface for DDNS there is not manufactures choice. Do you have to use a third party service.  I am on DSL through the phone and live in Costa Rica. My router is a Netgear and i have played with the port forwarding tab and can get on to the interface wirelessly. Also my ip address changed late yesterday and i had to delete all the icam stuff and start over to make the interface work again. Help. I was on the phone on friday for 20 min no one picked up called the chat and that guy said to call back on Mon.  I have maybe 10 hr into this. Really frustrated.
David

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2013, 08:12:29 PM »

Second quetion how do you access the xipcam site when i put that in my browser the browser freeks out and will not connect. 
David
David i have a xx40a PTZ pro outdoor camera that uses the xipcam.com the only thing is its

http://exxxx.xipcam.com

the x's are replace with numbers

without the exxxx. the site doesn't work.

I notice most of the complaints on the forums seem to be with the gipcam.com address in trying to access the internet outside their network.

Any problems i had setting up were:
i needed to download the active x for IE
i needed to open ports on my modem and my router.
i had to add my camera IP address to Internet Explorer trusted site security section.

at one point i just deleted camera software, put my router back to the factory settings, downloaded router update and just started over via the manual step by step.

I can also view my camera over my cell phone network 3g/4g network
Richy

daar

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2013, 10:50:51 PM »

Richy
Thanks for the answer.  But I replaced the xx with my address 10.0.0 ect and it did not work my browser said it could not display the page.  So now what? Do i need a different ip address other then the 10.0.0.4 to access the internet?
David
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.