Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Path Settings  (Read 1869 times)

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
Path Settings
« on: January 17, 2013, 06:20:03 PM »

FOR XX40A

I am unable to change the alarm and record path settings from c:\users\public\documents to a path towards my 4gb sd card.

Keep this in mind i have not done a firmware upgrade since recording was not a big concern but would like to have it be able to record other than on my computers hard drive.

OHsubeGuy

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Path Settings
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 02:01:16 PM »

I am having the same issue with my xx39A cameras. There was a post somewhere in this thread about making a security setting change in Internet Explorer. It mentioned making the camera a trusted site in IE. That doesn't really make sense to me but I tried it anyway and to no avail, it did not work.  Since the 39A cameras have SD card capabilities, at least I have an alternate solution. There has to be a way to change this directory pathing.

richy2

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 04:55:19 PM »

When you made the change in IE as a trusted site ... did you reboot your computer? not just reboot IE?

OHsubeGuy

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 12:58:15 PM »

No reboot on the computer, just IE.  Did you happen to try the trusted site thing? If so, did it work?

richy2

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 02:45:49 PM »

Yes it all worked and i did trust it.. I just made sure i put the security level back to the original settings....

So far since i did everything works correctly ( which is why i been tinkering with my camera and IE) except when i armed the alarm settings, sometimes the computer will sound a beeping alarm for 1 minute and sometimes it would just flash the alarm symbol on the software UI with no alarm sound.

The record feature i can change at will. I have a sd card to record to instead of the c:drive.

OHsubeGuy

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 05:47:09 PM »

I don't typicallly leave my computer on so the directory path settings for recording images and video is not really a concern at this point. My cameras have the SD card so that it where I will do my captures. I'm assuming the I/O plug on the back of the camera would allow for an external alarm of some sort. Not that I am going to do that, but I might try it out. Getting email set up is next on my task list.

OHsubeGuy

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.