🔌General Home Automation > User Modified Devices

Increase RF signal DS12As antenna modification

(1/5) > >>

javiert30:
I had low RF signal with all my DS12A sensors, none of them wanted to be recognized with AHP, so I made this modification and no more problems. AHP recognized them once I sink them. Here I leave you some pictures.

1.Wire (Used coaxial cable)

2.Here is the point to solder the antenna wire. Don't use the other point were the trace starts, the idea is to solder it in here to add like  half inch to the antenna plus the one that you are installing.

3.Bent wire so it can reach the antenna solder point inside and insert it from here.

4. Solder the antenna wire here.

5.Here is how it look from outside once installed.

6.Because I'm using the hole where you screw the sensor to the wall, I decided to use double side tape, yes I know if you use regular double side tape is going to fall with the time, this is not regular double side tape, you can find this tape in H....pot. I took a picture so you can see how it is called. I worked installing communication equipment for NAVY ships and this tape is what they use, this thing is strong, believe me.

*** After this modification all my DS12A sensors have been recognized with AHP with no problem.***    >!

Brian H:
Easy project.
Thanks for sharing.
Helpful Post from me.

dhouston:
I suggest caution. Adding solder to a PCB trace antenna can detune the transmitter (by changing the inductance) making it unable to communicate with the receiver.

pseeker:
THanks, helpful.   I bought a three DS12As (since it uses a 310Mhz SAW) to do this exact thing and replace a few pesky DS10A  out range from my SC1200.  Some day I'll get to this project.

dhouston:
Ahh! I wasn't aware or had forgotten that the DS12A uses a SAW resonator. This mod is likely to be safe in that case. I know from experience that it is not safe with the DS10A.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version