Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My Garage Sensor Range Problem  (Read 2701 times)

Dennis C

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
My Garage Sensor Range Problem
« on: February 08, 2013, 09:46:04 PM »

I just purchased the My Garage overhead door monitoring kit.  The software installation went well and I set up the system next to my computer for a trial. I connected an overhead door contact to the DS12A transmitter and ran a test. The CM19A picked up the signal and the Smart Phone App worked as it should.  I then went to the garage for the installation.  My computer is on the 2nd floor at the back of the house. I have a detached garage which is about 15' away.  From the overhead door to the 2nd floor computer is about 60' max.  The signal would not reach. I tried outside the garage with no luck and then into the house still with no luck.  I cannot even make it down the steps to the first floor before the signal is lost?  Any Ideas as to the problem.

Thanks In Advance

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: My Garage Sensor Range Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 09:17:10 AM »

I cannot even make it down the steps to the first floor before the signal is lost?  Any Ideas as to the problem.
Average range of most X10 RF devices is 20 to 30 feet, and that is optomistic when indoors.

There are hacks that have been developed by users and are described on the forum. Search "range" and list your device (like "Range DS12A", "CM19A range" etc). Unfortunately you will see you are far for being alone.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.