Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: OUTDOOR AIRSIGHT WIRELESS CONFIGURATION  (Read 2659 times)

AMBERMUMA

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
OUTDOOR AIRSIGHT WIRELESS CONFIGURATION
« on: February 11, 2013, 06:41:12 PM »

I RECENTLY RESET MY AIRSIGHT CAMERA, AND NOW I CANT CONNECT TO THE CAMERA WITHOUT A CAT5 CABLE. I SCANNED NETWORK, CHOSE MY SSID, PUT IN PASSWORD, AND THAN UNPLUGGED IT WHILE IT'S REBOOTING, BUT IT FALLS OFF THE NETWORK AND WONT COME BACK ON UNTIL I PLUG IT BACK INTO ROUTER. I HAD IT CONFIGURED BEFORE THE RESET AND IT WORKED FINE. I EVEN TRIED WAITING A FEW MINUTES AFTER THE REBOOT TO UNPLUG, AND STILL NOTHING

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: OUTDOOR AIRSIGHT WIRELESS CONFIGURATION
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 06:16:23 AM »

Please do us a favor.
Don't use all capital letters in your posts. Harder to read and considered shouting.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 08:39:01 AM »

Search the forum for "(camera model) wireless connection".
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 03:21:43 PM »

I RECENTLY RESET MY AIRSIGHT CAMERA, AND NOW I CANT CONNECT TO THE CAMERA WITHOUT A CAT5 CABLE. I SCANNED NETWORK, CHOSE MY SSID, PUT IN PASSWORD, AND THAN UNPLUGGED IT WHILE IT'S REBOOTING, BUT IT FALLS OFF THE NETWORK AND WONT COME BACK ON UNTIL I PLUG IT BACK INTO ROUTER. I HAD IT CONFIGURED BEFORE THE RESET AND IT WORKED FINE. I EVEN TRIED WAITING A FEW MINUTES AFTER THE REBOOT TO UNPLUG, AND STILL NOTHING
After reading your post, i tried doing what you did, unplugging my CAT5/POE CABLE, and to my surprise, it acted like yours.. could not connect wirelessly, but could as soon as i plugged the CAT5 back.

So, this is what i did....

I cleared my router ( Factory reset ) which screwed that up so i had to reset ( use the CD ) to start over.

Before i started... i unplugged the CAT/POE cable from the camera..don't for get the power if you re just using a CAT5 CABLE and Power Plug. Unplug the power from the camera too.

I rebooted my computer then restored my router to the original settings.
Then plugged up only the power back to the camera ( left CAT5 unplugged) and ran the IP Camera tool which instantly brought up the IP address before the screw up BUT

It is now working wirelessly as i type this.

FYI.
Before the unplugging CAT5, i had set my camera - Obtain IP from DHCP Server
I then, unchecked the box Obtain IP from DHCP Server

Reboot computer and alls well that ends well... so far.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 08:43:16 PM »

BTW, does anybody else noticed we are getting at lot of folks who start a post and never come back?  It's becoming an epidemic.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 08:57:21 PM »

BTW, does anybody else noticed we are getting at lot of folks who start a post and never come back?  It's becoming an epidemic.
Yes, I see same. But is mainly cameras, now that tablets have been dropped by X10. With cameras, tablets, and even security systems, if their problem gets solved, there is little reason to come back to the forum. It would be nice if they would indicate if their problem got fixed.

Automation on the other hand, encourages return visits because it can constantly expand (there is always something that can be automated) .
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.