Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: IP Camera & Cellular Network  (Read 2454 times)

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
IP Camera & Cellular Network
« on: February 13, 2013, 10:58:12 PM »

Is it possible to view Airsight camera over Cellular 3g/4g networks by going to your camera's IP address?

I have tried turning my wifi off my phone and using 3g/4g.. didn't work, but can it?

X10 Repair Depot

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 20
  • I am here to help
Re: IP Camera & Cellular Network
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 08:42:36 AM »

Yes, you will need to enable port forwarding on your router. Once this is done you will be able to view the camera on any internet enabled device. You will connect to the camera by using the address that is on a label attached the the camera. It will look something like this xxxxx.xipcam.com

richy2

• Helpful Post Rating: 6
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 12:03:18 PM »

Yes, you will need to enable port forwarding on your router. Once this is done you will be able to view the camera on any internet enabled device. You will connect to the camera by using the address that is on a label attached the the camera. It will look something like this xxxxx.xipcam.com

Thanks.. that did work.

NOTE TO OTHERS:
I have a Optimum Online ARRIS TM822 modem and Linksys E2500 router.

Before my post i had the E2500 router port forwarding (80) and the Arris modem port forwarding OFF.

http://exxxx.xipcam.com had shown failed in the Camera tool DDNS Status.

note> the exxxx before the period has numbers exactly like this example http://e1234.xipcam.com

After turning on my Arris modems port forward http://e1234.xipcam.com succeed.

actionjacks1

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 03:01:20 PM »

You can also use a free program (Icamsource.com) for viewing your cameras online threw your cell (3G and 4G) and or your ipad.. It port forwards its self!!! and works great! Just plug your camera into a wall socket and download the program on your computer, cell and Ipad. You do have to buy the app for $4.99 but its well worth it. I not only running ipcams from X10 im also running web cams too... I have no controls for my cameras as for moving them but if you place them just right who cares for $4.99. I can use as many as 8 camers on on my phone or ipad and it splits the screen so you can see all your cams. The program will record your pics all you do is set it up with the menu.. Cheapest way to go u dont need any cat5 cables.. It  streams into your computer to your phone and ipad.. Im just a beginner and found this program while researching... KOOL..........
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 03:08:59 PM by actionjacks1 »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.