Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SC1200 & DS12A : Cant register more than 3 zones  (Read 2857 times)

jabought

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
SC1200 & DS12A : Cant register more than 3 zones
« on: February 18, 2013, 07:18:10 PM »

hello.

i upgraded my X10 alarm that i had for 5 years without any issues.

bought the sc1200 with a bunch of DS12A door sensors.

no matter what i do, I cant register more than 3 sensors.  When i try to register Zone 4 (following the procedure of generating a new code, etc) whatever I do I the sensor does not registers.

distance from the console to the sensor is less than 20 feet.

any ideas?

ronski1

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: SC1200 & DS12A : Cant register more than 3 zones
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 05:58:07 PM »

Bought the same system for the father in law.  Seems there is a problem with distance of the sensors / console.  Setting this up over the phone with him, I had him sit at the table with the console.  One by one he inserted the batteries, then registered the sensor at the table.  Once it was registered I had him pull the magnet away from the body to make sure that it would sound the tone.  All of this was done within 2 -3 feet of the console.  Once all were working then I had him mount the sensors where ever he wanted, doors / windows.  This is were the problems started.  Most of the ones that were within 20 feet and in line of sight of the console worked.  The ones that were farther and had walls in between had problems, some, not all.  There are a bunch of posts here modifying equipment to try to solve this problem.  We are still trying to resolve this problem and am leaning towards hard wiring the farther areas and using zones 31 & 32 in the console.  If I knew of this problem earlier I probably wouldn't have purchased it.

PS.  when registering  each sensor I had him write the zone number on the corresponding sensor on the cover and the back of the sensor.  This way when the console tells you it has a problem with sensor XX he will know which one to go to.  Would think X10 could put in a sheet of numbers that could be applied to the sensor cases for this head ache.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.